00. the new girl talks

oh aera.

"Please greet her," The class president—I think—said. I forced a big smile as I bowed down to greet my classmates also. After that, I took a big breath and walked to my desk, which apparently was the only one open next to the window in the far back.

Like it was made just for me.

"What made you come here?" A girl asked, turning around to face me.

"Uh, I think that's my own business," I replied before taking out my pencils.

"Oh," she mumbled. "I'm Lee Hana by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Lee Hana." I greeted. "You already know my name so,"

"Aera, that's a pretty name." She sighed. I smiled awkwardly and took out my books—which I really didn't even know why since this was my first day in the middle of the school year so I really didn't even know what we were even doing in this class.

"I'm Jung Jinyoung," the guy next to me said. "I'm the class nerd so if you need me for anything, I got you."

Perfect.

"Oh thank god," I breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm actually dumber than I look, so you could look forward to it."

"Oh god, he's looking at you." Hana muttered, leaning closer to me.

"Who?"

"Jeon Jungkook," Jinyoung whispered.

"Who's Jeon Jungkook?" I said, a bit too loud causing a chuckle to be heard across the room. My eyes shifted to the black haired kid, who's back was to me.

"That's Jeon Jungkook," Hana said.

"What's the big deal?" I questioned, leaning on my palm.

"He's," Hana hesitated. "The school player."

"Well I used to be the schools soccer player—",

"No seriouslyyyyy, he played every girl in his way. He's conceited and arrogant. He's basically the schools fuckboy, because every girl falls for him and he knows it."

"Hmmm," I mumbled pursing my lips. "A fuckboy?"

"You're not interested in him are you?" Jinyoung asked, his face astonished.

"Are you?" I asked, looking him straight in the eyes. Honestly, just because I said that didn't mean I was already interested in him. I haven't even seen his face and if that wasn't attractive, what else would be?

He gave me an awkward laughed, whilst he furrowed his brows. "I'm just saying you should stay away from him,"

"What so you can take him instead?" I joked, raising a brow.

"I'm not—sheesh, Aera." He slightly laughed, running his hand through his hair.

"You just got here and you're already a chatterbox," Teacher Kim called me out.

"Oops, my bad I—",

"—I think that's pretty cute," Jungkook softly said, turning to look at me. "The new girl actually talks for once."

I furrowed my brows, confused at first before remembering he was named the fuckboy of the school. I crossed my arms and leaned back whilst I watched him.

He winked before looking away. I squinted at him, when Hana turned to look at me, her face bewildered along with Jinyoung who's jaw was left open.

-