30. coping with sadness.

"I told you I'd beat up any guy who makes you cry, didn't I? Jungkook was my friend, but he's gone too far this time. I thought he was pretty cool, but playing with women's heart like they're toys—especially you—no, no I can't chill out about it!" Taehyung shouted, pacing around my room. "Aish, this makes me so mad. He's been ignoring me the past few days too—I'll go over to his house right now—,"

"Taehyung! No!" I shouted, quickly getting off of my bed.

He sighed frustratedly, glaring at me.

"He didn't actually make me cry," I said. "I didn't cry,"

"He didn't make you cry, BUT HE USED YOU!" He exclaimed, running his hand through his hair. "Ah, I can't do this right now. I need to talk to him,"

"Taehyung," I sighed. I knew he was just trying to look out for me, but if Jungkook got hurt, I think my heart would feel even worst.

I watched as he kept his eyes on me for awhile before looking out the window. "Oh—HOLY SHIT IS THAT JAEMIN FROM NCT!?" He exclaimed, his eyes widen whilst pointing out the window, causing my heart to leap in joy whilst I ran to my window.

"JAEMIN!? NANA!? NANA WHERE!?" I exclaimed, frantically searching outside.

"What—TAEHYUNG!" I groaned, when Jaemin was nowhere to be found. I heard my door shut and I realised I've been played. Taehyung was nowhere to be found in my room too.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!" I exclaimed, running out of my room. I caught him putting on his shoes, our eyes meeting for a second when he fastened his pace.

"I'm going to show him that he can't mess with my best friend," he said, putting on the other side of his shoe.

"What are you both doing?" My mom asked and I ignored her. I ran down right when he opened the door, his ass running out just as I reached him.

Ah, seriously. I sighed frustratedly before running after him. "Taehyung! Stop! I have to tell you something!" I shouted, running after him with my pink bunny slippers. He was almost to Jungkook's house before turning around to face me whilst he walked backwards.

"Don't talk to him," I said, feeling out of breath. "Please, don't,"

"Aera, seriously why? You would've wanted me to, why is it so different now?" He halted, rolling his eyes.

"Because," I sighed, halting also. "I really like him and if you hurt him... I'd get hurt even more,"

I squeezed my eyes shut, cringing at how cheesy my words became. Jungkook, what did you do to me?

I opened my eyes again and watched Taehyung walk towards me. "Come here," He said, his arms wide open. I pouted and wrapped my arms around him whilst he squeezed me tightly.

"Fine," he sighed. "As long as you stop with the cheesy words,"

"Thanks," I slightly laughed.

"But I just want you to know, I won't let him get away so easily. I'm just letting him off the hook for now,"

"Whatever you say," I uttered.

-

I huffed, trying to get out of bed. I really didn't want to go to school. I dragged myself to the bathroom, passing my window on the way when I urged myself not to look out there.

"I'm fine, everything's fine," I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "Everything is just fine,"

I stared at my reflection, glaring at myself. I mean, I didn't considered myself that ugly. "Is it my lips? Should I get surgery on my lips?" I questioned, pouting.