Chp. 34

Jay

The sunlight shined brightly on my face only allowing me to see the back of her. Her long wavy hair swayed back and forth as she continued to walk farther away from me. She finally turned around to face me.

"Come here sweety."

She had her arms spread out in front of her waiting for me to run right into them.

"Come on."

I different voice reached out to me. He smiled back along with her.

Dad...

Out of all the days I've asked to see you, why do you both show up now?

I had forgotten there were times like this...

My small hands reached out to hold his hand, leading me to her arms.

Towards the bright light.

*

Jay...

Jay..

I opened my eyes to her soft voice. She looked down at me with a warm smile as the clear blue sky surrounded her in the background.

"Were you dreaming? You've been mumbling on your own."

She giggled as her fingers brushed the strands of my hair out of my face. It made me smile back naturally. I was still laying there on her lap since the morning we came out here on the hills.

"How long has it been?"

Her black, raven hair were tucked behind her ear and curled at the edges. And those soft, full lips of hers were more evident outside.

"About an hour? You fell asleep almost as soon as you laid down."

I got up and leaned against my elbows. The view of the wide landscape spread in front of me cleared my mind.

"It's our second season together."

I looked towards her as she spoke.

"The first time we met it was the beginning of winter. Now it's spring already."

"That's right."

I remembered it clearly. Everything changed from that one night. How could I forget?

"We'll be able to stay to see winter come back around this time won't we?"

"Of course we will. This year, next year, and the following years after that. We'll be able to see them together."

Her head leaned against the end of my shoulder. The sound of the leaves bristling against the wind filled our ears. It was pleasing.

"Maybe not now but soon...we can have a few more experience it with us."

Her head lifted off my shoulder and looked back at me in confusion.

"After all, this house is quite big for just the two of us isn't it?"

The confusion on her face disappeared and was replaced with a huge smile.

"Really?!"

Her voice heightened with joy.

"I'm not really good with children but it doesn't hurt to try."

We would start something together. A home, family, children of our own. Maybe even at a different place we can all home.

She suddenly jumped on top of me with her arms wrapped around my neck. Her face was right in front of mine, creating only a small distance between us.

Her eyes glistened along with that smile of hers. Her cheeks blushed slightly in the process and it only made me fall deeper for her. I knew there would never be an end to that and I surely didn't mind.

There was no need for words because her actions were expressing it all to me.

I was blind and haven't been able to see it until now. I refused to admit it. It took a while but someone as stubborn as me became familiar to what seemed so impossible and obscure.

What I thought didn't exist.

There was such thing as love.

***

Thank you guys for reading!!!

Unfortunately this was the last chapter for "Obscure". I really appreciate those that continued to read and came all the way to the end. I thank you guys again for reading even with the many flaws it had. I'll try my best to make better books!
Oh and I will be writing a new book soon so I'll see you then! *^^*