Chp. 23

Beth

The cloth that covered my eyes and mouth were roughly pulled away. My breathings were still rough and and it was hard to focus my eyes. It took me a while to process what was going on.

The first people I saw were the two men holding onto me.

Who are these people?! How did they--

My thoughts were immediately disrupted when I turned my head and saw Jay. He was tied up next to me as two men ruthlessly beat him.

"Jay!"

Jay's head turned towards me when he heard my cries. His eyes widened and attempted to get up but there were two men beside him pushing him against the floor. He tried resisting but it was pointless.

"Please stop!"

I yelled as loud as I could. He was worn out and exhausted. There was blood in the corners of his mouth. I desperately tried to reach him and writhed in their hold. I couldn't stay still at the sight and soon my eyes slowly burned of tears forming.

What have they done to him?!

"Stop!"

Please. I begged but my pleads didn't seem to matter.

"Bring her closer."

A voice came from the dark shadows. I didn't think there was anyone else in this room. Without hesitation, the two men listened to this man. When I was brought closer, I was able to see his face.

It was a man with a long dark coat that draped down his figure. I was able to see his formal suit by the opening of his jacket just sitting there slouched and leaning against his arm.

He was surely someone I should fear. His eyes were fixated on mine. I wanted to look away but it was as if his stare held them in place.

Who is he?

My heart was beating and I was shaking as I approached the man. When we got close enough, one of the men pushed me down causing me to kneel right in front of him.

"If you even touch the tips of her fingers I will kill you!"

Jay's booming voice echoed the whole room. The man in front of me smirked at his remarks as if to mock him that there was nothing Jay could do. He stood up and knelt in front of me to observe me.

His hands ripped a part of my blouse, exposing my chest. I let out a small cry and shuttered away from his touch. The tears that were formed in my eyes were blurring my vision.

"P-Please..."

My words were cut from my uncontrollable sobs. From the back I heard the men threaten Jay to stay still.

"She doesn't have to be involved in this!"

The man in front of me ignored Jay and just continued to do as he wished. He pulled me closer onto him as he placed his face against my chest. I shoved and moved about but his hold was an iron grip.

I smelled a faint scent of cigarettes from him. It reminded me of the time when Carter touched me but this was even more terrifying. Just something about him alerted me.

His eyes were focused on Jay as he continued to rip the rest of my clothes. My screams were pointless. He exposed my skin in front of all these men.

"Don't fucking touch her!"

I didn't want Jay to see this. Not when someone else was touching me like this.

I hate it. I hated it!

It was repulsive.

"No...No!"

My legs were being spread apart and I felt his hands sliding up closer to my thighs.

"Keep screaming. I don't mind."

He chuckled, mocking me. Knowing that I was helpless. When he lowered down to my breast, I took the chance to hit my head as hard as I can against his nose. He grunted in pain and his words were followed by a slap that left my cheeks stinging. I refused to let out even the smallest cry. He smirked but out of irritation. He remained calm which scared me even more.

"You make things easier for me. If that's how you wanna play I'll give you what you want."

He suddenly got up and walked towards the corner of the room. Something clatterred against the metal. I didn't notice until then that there was a large iron plate blazing in flames. He pulled out a metal rod that was lit brightly from the hot furnace it was in and slowly walked over.

My eyes widened and I attempted to crawl away. I shook my head and shut my eyes tightly, knowing what he was about to do. And soon enough I felt the metal sizzling and burning the layers of my skin, I gasped in the excruciating pain. It burned and dug right under my ribs. I grunted and writhed in pain. But I refused to scream for this man. It would only feed his desires.

My nails pierced through my palms as I squeezed them tight into a fist. I felt the the blood trickled down the tips of my fingers from how hard I balled my fists. Everything started to spin. My head felt light while my lower body pulsed in pain.

I wasn't in the right state of mind. It was hard to keep my eyes open. I was able to hear Jay in the back but his voice was muffled. His yells and violent words were fading in my ears. It felt as if my skin was ripped apart as he finally pulled the metal rod away. I let a small whimper escape from my mouth.

"You endured that?"

There was a hint of amusement in his voice. I didn't have the strength to even sit up. I just laid there like a corpse.

"I'll do anything you ask just...please don't hurt her..."

No Jay...what are you saying?

I managed to lean against my shaking arms as the man walked towards Jay and stared down at him.

"I don't give second chances."

And the last thing I heard was the ringing of the bullet that was shot as I fell against the floor.

*

Thank you