June 28, 2014

SATURDAY

Did you know that tomorrow is the beginning of a new month in the Islamic calendar called Ramadan? Well I did, and this month is all about being the best kind of person and human living on this earth that you can be. In this holy month, muslims all over the world go through the day without eating or drinking anything until sundown, this is to remind them that there are people in this world living in hunger everyday and it also helps them appreciate what god has blessed them with. 

I love this month especially because it is such a great thing, it is a reminder that we have to live our lives doing good until the day we day, and in this month we are forgiven all of our sins and we can start anew. In this month, I like to practice doing as much good in the world as I can, I get motivated to do an act of kindness, to learn how to cook different meals for my family and friends to eat at the end of the day, to be a good person, to donate food and items all over the town, and this also helps me gain more points with god, it helps me get closer to him in this holy month by praying continuously and doing what pleases him. 

If you haven't already guessed, yes I am a muslim, that is my faith and religion and I love it dearly. Some people might think that being a muslim is all about being an extremist and always enforcing your beliefs on other people, but on the contrary, Islam is a very peaceful religion. Islam is all about being as good as you can be, after all we all die someday. Islam is very closely related to Christianity and Judaism, with few minor difference, yet it is all the same. We all have one god that we believe in, one specific messenger that god has sent to spread the word about the religion, we belive in one holy book that was brought upon us by god, we believe in heaven and hell, and we believe in doing good. 

Traditionally for me, I spend the day before this holy month preping myself to be the ultimate muslim, so basically, I listen to music, swear as much as i can, and most importantly eat anything I see because the next 30 days are so are going to be the exact opposite. So today was spent by eating and watching Sherlock. Since I woke up in the afternoon because I had stayed up last night catching up to OITNB,         I woke up around 3pm which is pretty late, then I just sort of stayed in bed and watched me some sherlock, cause it has like the shortest season ever so I thought I could finish this today. I am loooking forward to tomorrow because I secretly have been looking forward to it ever since my summer started, where I come from, in this month, we hang out with family members alot, we go out together as families, but most importantly, we are all there for dinnner everyday, which doesn't happen very often. It's like Christmas or thanksgiving, but for a month.