May 15, 2014

THURSDAY

WEEKEND! And MUN today, I honestly just want to get it over already, I've been working on it for 2 months and I'm so done with this shit. I honestly don't know how I was awake today, or how I got out of bed for that matter. I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep last night because I came back so late and I had my MUN conference today and all I could think of was getting through the day. And when I actually got thorough the day and went back home, my mom told me that we had to attend yet another late night event. Ugh, social elites!

Old friends, they're awkward to talk to sometimes because you haven't seen them in a while, and you would avoid them the next time you see them depending on the time that you have spent apart. I got a taste of that today.

I also managed to attend my MUN conference and it was okay, I thought it would have been better but I was truly disappointed and it was mainly because of the GA chairs, they didn't do their job adequately. All in all I was aiming to get a best delegate award as I spoke consistently and backed up my facts with evidence yet the chairs decided to completely dismiss my presence in the rooms to the point where one of the chairs ignored me when I had clearly had my placard raised high up in the air. I take MUN very seriously, I love to debate topics, hence my choosing a major and career in law, so when someone doesn't do their job properly and it affects my participation, not to mention my grades, I get fairly pissed off. It was honestly like a stab in the chest when I wasn't called up for the best delegate award, I felt like all that I've worked for the past month is nothing and void. Utter randomness and emptiness.

Later that night, I got to attend a proper Iraqi wedding. Which was so cool and I think I've found a new culture obsession, Iraqis. They're culture is so rich and colorful and their history is so interesting as well it just makes me yearn for more. My moms friend was getting married and she invited us and it was awesome, like I didn't know that the bride has to change into 7 gowns for her wedding night. Each gown I saw tonight was more beautiful than the other and so gorgeous. Yeah I think that this is my new obsession.