April 26, 2014

SATURDAY

Back to calling today officially, Homework day! I came back from my trip exhausted, but I knew that I had to work because my assignment was due tomorrow and I had a whole book to finish reading, yet procrastination still kicked in and I pretty much ended up wasting 2 hours doing nothing except for watching The Walking Dead. 

By the time I had finished my book, it was midnight as I sat in my chair at my desk typing furiously at my laptop, eyes wide with sleep and mind about to shut off. It was done, I had finished the whole book and managed to finish all the necessary paper work needed to finish this assignment. I decided that I would print it all out and stick it together tomorrow morning. 

The ending of the book was actually really good and I look forward to reading the second book, I loved so many things about this book and I think that it was written so thoughtfully and creatively. It made me want to pursue a career in writing and literature, I just loved how the author described everything and how he left a surprise waiting for the reader at the end of the chapter just to get them to read the next chapter to find out what will happen next. You literally fall into another world reading this book, I felt like I was there with the characters trying to solve problems and having opinions and things to say about events. The Maze Runner is definetely a good read for all ages, so beatifully written and structured. I think I'm falling back into my old patterns of being obssessed with reading and I'm happy about that because I've always loved sitting and reading a good book for hours. It's like magic, like you're not here, but there with the characters going on adventures with them and feeling every pang of emotion that hits them, you cry with them and you secretly wish them all the best on their journey or hope that they find what they are looking for and it's absolutely magical. 

I had set a timer, ready to conquer the world tomorrow, all I needed was some sleep now.