————
The sound of Tupac plays through the cars speakers, and I don't doubt that the bass is culprit to waking me up. My head is rested on someone's lap, I can feel their phone pressing into my cheek since i'm directly on their pocket. I look up only to see the monster himself— Ashton. I quickly sit up and gather myself and send him a frown. His perfect smile sends a bunch of butterflies free into my stomach.

"How'd I get on your lap?" I lick my bottom lip and cross my arms.

Gotta stay sassy.

"You did it all on your own." Ashton's smile widens and I can spot the lie easily.

"Liar." I say in an icy tone.

"Stop asking questions." He says, mocking my icy tone. I raise an eyebrow before flicking my gaze onto the front window.

"I swear the only thing you're good at is being annoying." I exhale and I can already tell that he's got a smirk plastered onto his face.

Ella and Justin are engaged into an animate conversation and I can't help but smile. Seeing my best friend happy makes me happy. Simple as that.

A rush of green passes quickly by and the sun glows gently onto Ashton's bronze skin. It's funny, he doesn't even notice be examining him.

Why am I examining him?

Why am I thinking about him?

NONONONO.

I'm most definitely NOT going to fall for a boy like Ashton. That's like setting your heart up for failure.

"How far till we get home?" I ask, trying to ease my mind off such a harsh topic.

"About 20 minutes." Justin says and then continues conversing with Ella.

20 minutes and then I'll be in my comfy bed with a good book embraced into my hands. Life couldn't get any better, seriously.

"So," Ashton says and his minty breath rolls onto my cheek.

"So what?" I ask, raising my eyes to his lips. Big mistake. The kiss— kill me now. I draw my eyes up to his, feeling a little more comfortable now.

"Do you have plans for tonight?" He asks innocently. I pause and think, but that's really silly of me because I obviously don't. I decide to pull his strings a bit.

"Hmm," I try to suppress the smirk forming on my lips. "I'm not sure." Ashton's eyes drill into mine and desperation glints in his eyes.

"Well you can't just leave me hanging. It's a simple yes... Or yes." He smirks.

"I don't think I'm busy. Why do you ask?"

"I'm coming over." He says matter-of-factly. I raise my eyebrows at his demanding state of mind.

"What if I don't want you too?" I say and feel completely accomplished when I feel the slight pink brush against his cheeks.

"Well then you'll just have to suck it up."

"Okay." I plainly say before gazing up front again. There goes my evening plans of laying in bed and reading. This boy is a literal monster. Damn him.

————
We finally make it back into town. Ella is giving Justin the directions back to her house. And as for me, I'm stuck listening to Ashton and Connor talk about their ab work out routines. What a bunch of tools if I say so myself.

"This house is mine." Ella points her blood red painted nails towards her house.

"Bye Ella." I smile at her and blow her a kiss. She smiles back at me before replying.