t w e n t y f o u r

"May I know the reason behind your pleasant visit, JunJi?" Sarcasm was evident in my voice.

"So, you are the husband of Jiyeon." He said unamused.

"Let's get inside." Grandfather said, barging in straight into the living area, followed by Junji. Jiyeon hurriedly went to the kitchen to prepare some drinks for the unexpected guest. Grandfather was sitting in a single couch looking at me, while Junji was sitting on the other couch cockily with his legs crossed over another.

"What are you here Gramps?" Jiyeon asked after serving us a cup of tea. "I've been dragged from home, by this cousin of yours, saying that he has an important revelations to announce." His gaze were shot to JunJi's direction. Parading his bumptious look, he took out a piece of paper inside the envelope from his clutch.

"This." he began, displaying the paper in front of us, "Take a look at this, grandpa!" He shoved the paper in front of Grandfather. "Or do you want me to read it out loud for you?"

Smirking, he read the paper "Marriage Contract, between your precious granddaughter, and this so called husband of hers!"

"Let me continue," clearing his throat, he stood up from his seat, "The contract are of the followings, one— a one year marriage are to be fulfilled by both parties. The contract will commence on the day of the marriage and ends a year later--"

"Stop!" Jiyeon screamed. Her posture froze and the colour of her face drained.

"Calm down, Jiyeon. Think about the baby." I whispered in her ears.

"Stop this, and sit down!" Grandfather ordered him. Like a puppy who listens well to its master, he sat down immediately.

"Tell me what is this about." Grandfather announced, his voice was calm but anger was visible on his face.

"I can explain--" Junji excitedly volunteered. I clutch my knuckles before I took a deep breath and explain. Jiyeon intervened when I was about to open my mouth explaining. "Actually, the contract was true."

"I am fulfilling your request, gramps. I don't want the hospital to be in the hands of him!" She raised her tone, glaring at Junji.

"This marriage of hers is a sham!" Junji clasped his hands proudly, with his eyes showing a glint of hope on getting the hospital. "The hospital is definitely going to be rightfully mine!" He said stressing the word 'mine'.

"Shut up!" I snapped angrily. "Give us a chance to explain Grandfather." I said pleading. Grandfather gave a curt nod, giving us a cue to continue. I told him starting from the day I met Jiyeon at Hoseok's wedding, to the accident, and the contract signing.

"After living with Jiyeon and Jitae for two months, I realised I can't never let them go. Both of them completes me, I can't live a day without them. What I have told you during our last meeting was true. I love both of them, and treat Jitae as my own."

"It's true, Gramps. I am the one at fault, I asked him to marry me!"

"Desperate woman!" I heard Junji mumbled quietly but enough for us to hear it.

"Shut up, you good for nothing, cousin!" She glared. "Gramps, you do know that I am afraid to open myself to others?" She clarified, and kneeled herself in front of grandfather. Grabbing his hands, she continued, "Taehyung here, helped me for closure, we even confronted Hyungsik, three months back. I knew I love him, the moment he took care of us, even though this is just a contract marriage. I was a fool for rejecting him, afraid that he might leave me, just like Hyungsik did. The way he treated me and especially Jitae. He fought for us, Gramps! Please forgive us, I don't care about the hospital now. I love Taehyung!"

"Jiyeon, please stand up. It's not good for you--" I crouched down to her level, and whispered, "--for the baby too. Hugging her, I rubbed her back as she was nuzzling her head against my chest crying. "I'm sorry, Gramps." Her words came out muffled.

"Jiyeon, if your grandmother is here with us now, she would say, you—" Jiyeon peeled herself from me and looked up to Grandfather. Cupping her cheeks, Grandfather continued, "— she would be proud of you, for making a great guy who accepts who you are, as your husband."

"You are not mad at us?" I blurted.

"Why would I be mad?" Shoving his hand inside his pants pocket, he took out a piece of folded paper, before passing it to me. Unfolding the paper, I ran my eyes through the words on it. Contract Nullification.

I believed my eyes widened at the second I read the heading. Confused Jiyeon snatched the paper out from my hold.

"You knew all along?" I asked.

"Yes I do." He confirmed. "Jiyeon, the reason why I wanted you to marry in my condition for you to have the hospital is that, I wanted you to forget that Shin guy! I wanted you to have a happy life alongside your husband and son. Not that I wanted you to have a heir to inherit the hospital." He paused, wiping Jiyeon's tears on her cheeks.

"Though I was mad at that time that my plans backfired me. I can't believe you outsmarted me by going to the sperm bank to get a donor. But, Jitae is truly a blessing for us, getting you to get up on your feet. Back to being a Jiyeon we always love!" Grandfather revealed.

"I'm sorry, it was the only way I could give you a heir. I didn't knew that was your real intention. Thank you, Gramps!" She pulled her grandfather to her embrace.

"You, Taehyung. Thank you, for loving them, making them happy. Of course I knew everything from the start. Do you think you guys can fool me?" He said cockily making me chuckled.

"You! On the other hand—" he took a deep breath, "— don't you even try to fool me, you wanted to earn the hospital as you've knocked up a woman till pregnant! Get up, be a man and be responsible! I'll not give you to hospital, instead I'll give you a shop for you to manage and expand, or sell up to you. Other than that, I will not give you a single cent, until you've come to your senses! You want money, earn for it!" He said sternly making Junji flinched in his seat. He stood up immediately and ran out from the house.

"Thank you, Grandfather." I said gratefully, patting her shoulder. Jiyeon came to my embrace as she smiled at Grandfather.

"Taehyung, honey?" She asked looking into my eyes.

"Hmm?"

"I feel woozy." She said, clutching her stomach before blacking out in my arms.