f i f t e e n

"Mr. Kwon, thank you for coming." We shook hands and gestured Mr. Kwon, my lawyer, to seat on the couch.

"My pleasure."

"What brings you to have a meeting today? Is there anything wrong about the building I'm bidding?"

"I am afraid, the owner of the building, Mr Shin Hyunsik, wants to change the agreement agreed in the first place." Placing my elbow on the couch hand rest, and my chin on my palm, I raised my eyebrow at my lawyer. "What did he proposed now? The last I check he wanted to raise the price to another thirty thousand, and the building is sold to me."

"He proposed to have a share on your gallery. 20% max."

"Is he crazy? Who the hell does he thinks he is? Doesn't mean he is the minister's nephew, he can just utter out anything! He is just the nephew not even a son!"

"Apparently, yes, that is what he wants." I nodded.

"How can I meet this so called minister's nephew?"

"Here's his contact." He passed me a business card.

"That's all I have for you today. I'll be off." I gave him a firm nod before he went of my office.

I called Mr. Shin immediately to set up a meeting and fortunately he told me that he will be dropping by my gallery in an hour time.

My brown suede shoe heels' were clicking on the wooden floor of my gallery

My brown suede shoe heels' were clicking on the wooden floor of my gallery. I am currently waiting for the arrival of Mr Shin. Roaming around the gallery, I was called by Kiyong informing me that Mr Shin has arrived. I nodded before dismissing him, when a guy dress in a full suit approaching me.

"Mr Shin, i assumed?"

"Ah, yes. I am."

"Come, walk around." I said. "You are aware that I am interested in the building that you own 20 km from here?" I began asking him.

"Yes I am. I am sure you are acknowledged by the fact that I am asking for 20% share in your gallery?" I give him a firm nod.

"Why? The last time I checked, we agreed on the price of the building; and we were to proceed on the ownership transfer. Why the change?" I asked.

"Let's just say I am interested in investing. Look at your visitors, the gallery is always full of people. I am sure you are earning clients. Art enthusiasts, the riches, are dying to collect the latest collection of the arts display in your gallery." he paused.

"Continue."

"I have immense supply of arts. I can supply to your gallery as an investment. Split the profit! Win- win situation!." I can tell this Shin guy is truly a business minded.

"I have some paintings I bought with me in my car. I would be glad if you wanted to look at it."

"Sure, I am interested." He lead me to his car, to take a look at the painting. It was an abstract painting mixed in with a Korean identity by one of the legendary painter in Korea. 'The Fusion.' I have been itching to get hold on the painting. I was amazed by Mr. Shin that he did acquired the painting.

"I can supply high-end paintings from some of the famous painters in Korea as well as international. Name the painting, I will be delightful to find it for you."

"One proposal" I offered. "I would like to display 'The Fusion' in my gallery, to get the responses from my visitor as well as my regular client." I saw him gave a bit of thinking before agreeing to my proposal. "Very well." I said.

"Your proposal seems intriguing. I will let my assistant to call you once I have made my decision. You may leave the painting in my office. I will give you an answer after next week." I replied.

"Don't take a lot of time, Mr Kim. I have other offered as well." He smirked confidently.

"We'll see." I retorted, before walking back into the gallery. I turned my back facing him, before raising my hands telling him goodbye.

Before dismissing myself from office, I called up Mr. Kwon to convey my discussion with Mr Shin earlier. I called in Kiyong to take a look on the painting, and asking him to inform my staffs to prepare a section to display 'The Fusion'.

The sun has set and the moon has ascend to welcome the night, as I arrived home from work

The sun has set and the moon has ascend to welcome the night, as I arrived home from work. Letting go of a long sigh, I opened up the front door. I was welcomed by the sight of my wife sitting on the couch and my son sitting on the floor, against the coffee table, completing his artwork. I took out my phone and capture the scene. I have been taking a lot of their pictures without them knowing.

Pictures of Jitae having bath in the tub playing with his 'bathmate" also known as the toy ships and ducks, Jiyeon's back while cooking, both of their face while eating, sometimes playing.

Both of looked to my direction as they heard the sound of my camera and Jitae got up, came running and hugging my legs.

"Daddy! You are home!"

"Yes, buddy! I am" I picked him up into my arms as my wife smiled and grabbed the bag that was in my hands. I mouthed her thank you. "What is in your hands Jitae?"

"Teacher asked me to draw a family picture today in school. This is me, daddy and mummy!" He pointed to each of the drawings. "Who is this small kid? Is he your friend?" I moved myself to seat on the couch as I brought Jitae to sit on my lap.

"He is my brother! Baby brother!" He squealed excitedly.

"That is a beautiful drawing, buddy!" He indeed does have a talent for drawing. Like me.

"Come on, Jitae, it's your bath time. Granny BokJa will give you a bath!" my wife yelled from the kitchen as my housekeeper make herself present to bring Jitae to his bath. Loosening my necktie, I leaned my head on the couch, and closed my eyes.

I felt the couch sinked beside me. "Hey." I said to my wife with my eyes still closed. "How do you know it's me? I could be Aunt Bokja, you know?" I opened my eyes, chuckled as I turned my head- still leaning on the couch- towards her. "Your scent." She mouthed a silent 'o' at me.

"Why do you look stressful today? You weren't looking like this last week or previous weeks, coming home." She asked with a concerned look on her face, while she runs her fingers in my hair making me sleepy. I let out a long sigh, closing my eyes. She stopped running her fingers against my hair.

"Don't stop!" I said. "I love it. Your fingers running through my hair. It soothes me."

"I have yet to secure the building that I wanted." I started. "Apparently he was proposing a new term on the agreement."

"What was it? I thought you've agreed on the price he was asking?" She enquired with her hand massaging my forehead and running her fingers through my hair.

"To be apart of the gallery. Milking some profits of from the gallery too." I opened up my eyes looking at her.

"What? Who does he think he is?"

"Minister's nephew." I said. Her face fell stiffen.

"W-what is his n-name?"

"Shin Hyungsik."