t w e n t y t w o

"Donor?"

"Yes. I was depressed. Ashamed." She sniffed. "My parents sent me to therapies after therapies just to get me healed. Grandfather tried to set me up, to get married to the man of his choice, so that I could be happy. I can't bear to have another wedding. I am scared of being left at the altar." Her body was trembling, tears were dropped. I pulled her to lean on my shoulder.

That bastard!

"I am sorry."

"Why would you be sorry?"

"I'm sorry I am not there with you at the time. If I knew, I would be the one standing on the altar, to get you to marry me!" I joked making her chuckled. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Wait, does that mean, your grandfather tried to set you up with Namjoon?" I gasped.

"Kind of?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I am not sure. I never even met him. I just turned him down."

"Oh, I'm glad. If it is isn't for you, I would be wifeless!"

"Wait! I am the one asking you to marry me, not you!" She snapped. I kissed her forehead soon after.

Sitting on the couch, side by side overlooking the window, presenting, a flock of birds flying across the blue skies, accompanied by the sun rays, we were enveloped by silence- a comfortable silence. As we were enjoying the view, a ringing tone blasting from my phone. My housekeeper called me that she is unable to pick Jitae up from school.

"Shall we go and pick Jitae up?" I asked my wife after I ended the call.

"Okay. Let's go!"

"Come let's get us freshen up, and we'll pick him up? Since we are free today, why don't we dine in somewhere- anywhere you want? The three of us? After what's happening today, I feel like spending my time with my family." I proposed.

She hugged me and smashed my lips. "Gladly!" She answered against the kiss as her lips curved upwards.

"Our next recipient is awarded with The Best Achiever among our three year old preschoolers

"Our next recipient is awarded with The Best Achiever among our three year old preschoolers. As the principal, I am proud of his achievements. Eventhough he entered this school five months ago, his performance in the school was one of the best! He excels in every curriculum taught by the teachers here, may it be environmental awareness, early numeracy, creative expressions to language, literacy and also personal development. I present to you, Kim Jitae!"

I felt an arm snaking around my waist as I placed my arm on my wife's shoulder. As the hall were booming with claps by the audience, Jitae was walking up to the stage to receive his plague.

"I am proud of our son!"

"Our son." I mumbled. "I love the sound of that, our son." She beamed.

"Our son, no one else!"

I was three months after the arrest of Shin Hyungsik regarding the fraud he plotted against me and Jiyeon's family. Turns out, he was charged by several other frauds involving several other big names in the society including, school constructions, nursing home constructions, counterfeited antiques and artefacts. His uncle, Minister Shin himself made a press conference, telling the public that he has nothing to do with Hyungsik. I guess, he would not be seeing sunlights once the court has the finalised the verdicts!

 I guess, he would not be seeing sunlights once the court has the finalised the verdicts!

"Congratulations buddy!" I was kneeling on one knee as I opened my arms widely. He ran into my arms, after seeing his parents waiting for him at the hall entrance. Scooping him up, I said "I am proud of you, your mommy too!"

"Can we get ice cream?" He squealed. "Okay honey? I am craving for peanut butter ice cream, drizzled with strawberry sauce, and cherry on top! Oh, and I want to eat the waffle crackers served along side the ice cream. Before that, can we stop at the nearest drive-thru to get some fries?" Jiyeon held my arm, giving me a puppy look.

"Yes, for my paradise, let's get the ice cream!"

"And fries!" With Jitae in my arms, Jiyeon dragged me to the parking lot.

"Here you go, your highness." Crossing my right leg behind my left, I bowed slightly, and extended my hand, giving her, her ice cream. "-and here is your, my prince." I heard giggles from both of them as I straighten up my body. Taking a seat, next to Jitae, I licked my own ice cream. Jiyeon let a long sigh.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't feel like eating peanut butter ice cream. Can I have yours? I want that cookies and cream." I raised up my brows at her. "I'll get you a new cup of cookies and cream, since I've had a bit of mine?"

"No!" She whined. "I want the one that you are having. Let's change." She pushed her cup towards me and took my cone out of my grasp. "Plus you won't have to spend more on buying a new cup!" I was left speechless, but my heart melts when I saw her, indulging it, dipping the fries with the ice cream.

Looking at Jitae enjoying his ice cream, I asked him, "Jitae, what has one big wheel with two small wheels a the back, two pedals, two handles with one seat, and also a bell?"

Jitae stopped eating his ice cream, and scrunched his face, thinking. He showed me his teeth, with ice cream smudges on his lips and cheeks.

Clapping his feet he screamed, "Tri-cy-cle!"

"You are correct!"

"What do you think about a purple tricycle?"

"Really? I have one now?" His eyes were glint in amusement. Both Jiyeon and I nodded at his excitement. "Yes, you do my baby bear!" My wife said.

"Yeay! Thank you, mommy, daddy!" He screamed. "Let's finished our ice cream, before meeting your uncles!"