s i x

The three of us walked out from the hospital after I settled off the payments and the documentation. As we were about to exit the entrance, the paparazzi are already buzzing getting ready to take photos of us. I signalled Jiyeon to wear a sunglasses that I have prepared for her. With Jitae on my other arm, I encircled the other on her shoulders. Jitae seemed to be getting used to paparazzi now, as he immediately nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck. Jiyeon on the other hand, remained calm beside me. I let out a small sigh before facing the paparazzi.

We were bombarded with questions after questions by the paparazzi, not forgetting the mass flashing lights blinding our eyesights.

"Is this your wife, Mr Kim?"

"How is she?"

"Can we get a photo of the three of you?"

What kind of question is that? Aren't you taking one now? I thought.

I wondered who leak the information on us in the hospital. I must speak to the hospital's management to look for the culprit. I have decided to stop in front of the paparazzi to kill their nosiness.

"Well, good day isn't it? I must thank you for making your time available to welcome us in front of the hospital." Hugging my wife from the side, kissing her temple and whispered, asking her to act, I said "Thank you again for coming."

The strawberry, honey, milk scent from her hair lingers in my head! It could smell it all day! I might one bottle for myself. Don't me get started with her skin. Her soft milky skin teasing the tip of my fingers, making my stomach turmoiled into happiness.

"Now let's start shall we?" I said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice. The reporters immediately placed the microphones in front of our face, getting ready to milk out all the information.

"This is my wife. I am sure you are aware what she does right?" I heard small murmurs from the reporters. "Yes. A doctor." More lights flashes through our eyes.

"I won't beat around the bushes now. Record this, understood? I'm going to say this loud and clear. Most of you are aware of this prior coming to the hospital, this is the last time you are harassing us! We just want to enjoy our lives like a normal people. Is that clear?" As if on cue, all of them nodded.

"This is my wife, Jiyeon and my son, Jitae. We got married a few years ago. Due to my status, my wife and I preferred to raise our child like a normal families do, without the eyes of the public. We wanted him to live and have a normal childhood. As for my wife, she is truly one of the most humble human I know. That is all I wanted to say to you. As you can see here, my wife just got discharged from the hospital and we needed her to recover as soon as possible."

Finally the security guards came and escorted us to my car. I was pissed at the hospital for not sending the guards earlier. As soon as I reached and settled in the car, I called out Kiyoung to set up a meeting with the hospital management to get this deal with.

"Why did you do that?"

I don't have the answers myself, oh God, tell me how am I going to answer her?

"Do what?" I asked dragging the time. I can see through the peripheral vision of my eyes that she was frustrated at my answer. Jitae was in his small world sitting in the child seat at the back.

"I want answers on why are you proposing to me." I said after a few minutes of silence.

"So now you are talking?" She let out a loud sigh, unsatisfied.

"Come on, wifey." I nudged her shoulder with my elbow, with my eyes still glued to the road, and my left hand gripping the steering wheel. I could feel a sharp glare piercing through my head.

"No, you will be my husband without knowing the reasons."

"Since the whole world too, are aware that you are off market!" She added with her free hand circling the air. I chuckled at her cuteness.

I guess I shall stay quiet. I shrugged at my own thought.

It was a total silences in the car, but it was a comfortable silence, with Jitae humming to himself, looking at the cars moving outside, the birds and trees. Jiyeon on the other side was whisper singing to the classical tunes played on the radio from my phone.

I can't believe she is into classical musics like me!

We arrived at her apartment ten minutes later. The interior of her apartment does feel like home, unlike my penthouse, which screams bachelor! Seeing her struggling to walk and helping Jitae to settle down, I offered her to stay at my penthouse.

Insist, if I must say.

"No, Taehyung. It's okay. We will be fine."

"Really, I insist, or rather I stay here?" I said.

"Are you trying to be my husband now?" She smirked. I chuckled at the word husband.

"Your cheeks flushed, hubby." She added. I touched my cheeks, replied "I did not!"

She threw her head back laughing, when suddenly she paused wincing due to her bruised ribs. I walked up to her immediately, "Are you okay? This is why I told you to stay with me. No buts, unless you want to stay here."

"Okay." She whispered.

"Great, I have some errands to do now. So, I expect you both to be ready by 7pm. Pack a few stuffs like clothes and some necessities. I'll be back by 7pm, and we will have dinner in my penthouse." She was loss at words.

Jitae ran to me carrying his car toy, as he heard his name being called. "Yes daddy?"

"Daddy will be back here later. Okay? Be good to mommy. You will be staying with daddy until your mommy is okay." I ruffled his hair.

"Really? I am staying with you?"

"Yes, and mommy too!" I smiled kissing the crown of his head.

I stood up, and saw Jiyeon was still in dazed. I just have the urge to get her out of her bubble. She was shocked when I kissed her forehead, telling her goodbye, and walked out of the house, gleeing.