f o u r

"Are you okay?" 

Both of us are currently sitting in an ice cream shop. Jitae had been crying for the past ten minutes. I brushed the strands of his hair that has been sticking to his face. 

"Wait here for awhile okay?" I left him and went to the ice cream bar to get us some ice cream. I ordered the two of us fudgy brownies flavoured ice cream, since he loves chocolate, as much as I do. 

I went back to the booth, and gave Jitae his ice cream. Thank God, the ice cream works! He is back being the bubbly Jitae! We went to buy a few clothes and food for his stay at my house, luckily the paparazzi aren't following us throughout our visit in the mall. 

My phone blasted its tone signalling an incoming call

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

My phone blasted its tone signalling an incoming call. I told Jitae to sit at a nearby bench while I answer the call. Without looking at the screen, I answered, "Taehyung, speaking."

It was Jimin asking me to meet him and Seokjin at our usual hangout. Jimin were adamant for me to bring my son together to meet them. I had no choice since, Jitae is my responsibility, at least, for a day or two. But, hey, I love Jitae, even though we just spend a day together. I approached Jitae as I watched him finishing his last bite of the ice cream. 

"Hey buddy, do you want to meet your uncles?" I asked Jitae, crouching down, and wiped the leftover ice cream near his lips. 

"Uncles? I have uncles now?" he asked while his legs are dangling, and moving it up and down, excitedly. 

"Yes you do, they are my friends, they are like my brothers. Let's play a game okay? Once we got there, can you call them grandpa? Daddy will buy you pizza okay?" I saw him smiling, forgetting the paparazzi that have been haunting him earlier. It felt a bit awkward when the word 'father' came out from my mouth, but deep down inside, it felt good!

"Will they love me?" Poor Jitae. Innocent. 

"They will." I said while touching his nose lightly with my forefinger. He then covers his nose with his small palm, and giggled shyly. I stood up and stretched out my hand for him to hold. Catching my hand, we then walked to the car and head off to meet Jimin and Seokjin.

"Finally, after twenty minutes, the bachelor- turned- father in a night decided to grace his presence here!" Jimin said clapping his hands as soon as he saw both of us entered the bookstore cafe

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Finally, after twenty minutes, the bachelor- turned- father in a night decided to grace his presence here!" Jimin said clapping his hands as soon as he saw both of us entered the bookstore cafe. 

"Tck, Jimin, do you think that the shopping mall is next to this cafe?" 

"Hi, Taehyung, you are finally here huh?" Seokjin asked approaching us from the bookshelves area. 

"Not you too!" I whined. "Jitae, these are the ones I told you about. Your uncles. Uncle Seokjin and Uncle Jimin." I told him while bending down to his level. 

"Hi, grandpas!" He said shyly with his small voice. I clutched my stomach with my free hand watching their stunned faces. "Thank you Jitae!" I said to the boy. 

"You got us good, Taehyung!" Jimin snapped. 

"Taehyung!" I heard a female's voice screaming from a far. I facepalmed myself, realising the owner of the screeching voice. 

"Lynnia! You are here!" I said once she had reached our circle. 

"Yes, why would you think I am not here? Haebum asked me to take care of this cafe while she's off having the most passionate s-- " Her eyes widen when she saw a presence of a small boy beside me. "Uhm, making ba--, no, having the time of her life with the love of her life remember?" She replied. Yes, the chatterbox.

Lynnia then gestured us to continue our conversations at the booth nearby. Once we are seated, a waiter came asking for our drinks. 

"Waiter now? What happened to being a professor and the publishing company?" I asked the waiter. 

"I am here helping Haebum to take care of the cafe." He gave me a sheepish smile, while rubbing his nape. 

"Oh, I remember the days I asked for you to take care of my gallery while I am away, but you decline some years ago. Do you remember that, Jimin?" I purposely asked Jimin, smirking. I can feel the sharp glare stabbing me from the side. 

"Jitae, this is Uncle Namjoon." I said to Jitae and whispers to him, "Remember, to call him like I told you in the mall okay buddy?" I retreated from Jitae, and gave him a wink. He smiled, nodding at my request. 

"Grandpa Namjoon? I am Jitae." He stretched his hand to Namjoon. With a flustered face, he reaches for Jitae's hand to shook it. Jimin, Seokjin and Lynnia were laughing on the couch opposite us. 

"Wait, if I'm a grandpa to you, so Jitae, called Taehyung your grandpa too, okay?" Jitae shook his head. 

"No!" He answered, hugging me as tightly as he can. "He is my daddy! I have a daddy now!" Namjoon was again frustrated with his answers. The three monkeys in front of me are still laughing, hitting each other looking at the flustered face of Namjoon. "What about Lynnia? She is a grandma too right?" 

Again, Jitae shook his head and answered "She is Aunty Lynnia." 

"That is not fair. You should call her grandma too!" I pulled Jitae to my lap, with his arms hugging my neck, and his head nuzzling it. 

"What are you implying Namjoon?" Seokjin asked, smirking at Namjoon.

"Stop it, Namjoon! He's a kid! It's up to him." Lynnia said, hitting him on his shoulder. 

Namjoon excused himself for awhile to get our lattes and tea, as well as chocolate milk for Jitae.

"Jitae, why don't you play at the play area over there? You can make new friends. But only stay there alright? I will call you later."

Waving us goodbye, Jitae then runs happily to the play area. At the same time, Namjoon came back with the drinks and sat together with us. 

"So Namjoon, where were you during the reception night?" I started. 

"Me? This is about me now?" Namjoon is being flustered for the third time. 

"Let's see." He took out his phone from his apron pocket.

"Kim Taehyung, the director of the famous art gallery, is actually married! He is seen together with his son at a shopping mall!" Namjoon said, while reading the latest news headlines. 

"Care to explain, Taehyung?" Seokjin asked, clasping his hands together and circling his thumbs.

#2 PARADISE | k.th (editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें