t w e l v e

"Oh my! It's really you!"

"I can't believe we are now a family!" My mother hugged Jiyeon's mother. Jiyeon and I looked into each others' eyes, confused by them. 

"Uhm, Mom?" I asked. 

"Oh, I met your mother in-law, Minjoo, at the airport last night. While waiting for your dad, who went to the washroom at that time, we got acquainted. We talked about our kids, and it turns out it was both of you!" 

"Yes. I saw your mom, sitting alone in front of the cafe, as I got out from buying coffee for Jiyeon's dad." Jiyeon's mother stated.

"I was doing some custom clearance at the time around." Jiyeon's father continued. 

"Indeed this is a reunion to celebrate?" My father suggested. "Oh yes! I guess we could head out get properly introduced as well as getting to know each other well? What do you say?" Jiyeon's father proposed while our mothers' were still hugging each other. 

I called Seokjin immediately to book a table for the seven of us including Jitae, in his restaurant, since I knew his place is the only one available for me to do an impromptu booking

I called Seokjin immediately to book a table for the seven of us including Jitae, in his restaurant, since I knew his place is the only one available for me to do an impromptu booking. I am thankful to Seokjin as he offered to prepare some dishes suitable for the us. 

"I still can't believe this." My mother squealed. "Exactly, who would have thought, our meeting yesterday means something." Jiyeon's mother continue. 

"Are you pregnant my daughter? Have long have you both known each other?" Jiyeon's mother enquired. 

"Five months!"

"Two!" We both said in unison. I grabbed Jiyeon's hand and answered "It was since five months and twelve days ago, when I first met her, when she came to Korea for a short visit."

"Yes, do you remember Haebum, mom?" Jiyeon asked and her mother nodded. 

"It was her engagement party to Taehyung's friend, Hoseok." She lied smoothly. "And no, I am not pregnant, as I told Taehyung's mom earlier, we decided to get married as soon as we professed our love to each other."

"Oh, the hotelier! I read the article written about the seven of you! You really have inspire a lot of younger generation these days. I believe you will be a great role model for Jitae, though he is not your son. It seems like Jitae loves you so much." Mr. Lee continued showing his interests. 

"Well, that's my son. Always shows affection towards kids." My father said. 

"Thank you, Mr Lee. I will always love and take care of your precious daughter and grandson." At least for a year, I promise.

"Taehyung, call me Dad and my wife, mom." He stood up from his seat, and went towards mine making me automatically stood up from my chair. Hugging me and patted my back, he said, "Welcome to the family!"

"At least, have a reception, okay? You know it was my dream to celebrate this marriage of yours, Jiyeon. I am truly happy of your marriage, having someone to take care of you and Jitae. Jitae has his role father now, in his life." 

"Mom--" Jiyeon sighed. 

"What? Can't I?" 

"You know what happened before? I just don't want it to happen again." She pleaded not wanting to do a reception. I might asked her once we got home later, I said to myself. 

"Oh honey, nothing will happen. I can assured you." I saw Jiyeon was squirming not wanting to talk about it. 

"It's okay Mrs. Lee. I am sure Jiyeon wants to take some time to think about this." I said, before her mother said anything. Jiyeon turned her head towards me and mouthed a silent thank you.

"Let's continue with our lunch everyone!" My father said, slicing off the tension. 

"I must say, the food here is superb! I never had try this dish before even though I did spend my dinner here." Jiyeon's father said, with her mother nodding to agreement. 

"Let me tell you a secret, Mr-- Dad." Her father looked at me in amusement. 

"These dishes are not in the menu." I grinned. His eyes widened. "It was prepared especially for my family, that includes both of you, Jiyeon's parents, by my friend, Seokjin." 

"Why didn't I realised that this is his restaurant all this while?" I shrugged. 

"I heard he is being arranged into marriage to a shipping heiress, which is owned by my friend?" It's my eyes turned to widen. "He is? I never heard about it before!" 

Convincing our parents that we are truly, madly in love with each other is indeed not an easy task

Convincing our parents that we are truly, madly in love with each other is indeed not an easy task. I must applaud Jiyeon for being a good actress she is. All of us continue our lunch with our parents telling us about their trip. Since Jitae was exhausted from playing with his new grandfather, his eyes are now droopy and asking me to cradle him to sleep. I believe I am not attached to Jitae. How am I going to survive if the year is over?

"It was a great lunch!" My father said. "Jitae too, is tired, aren't he?" Gesturing his eyes towards my direction. 

"Yes, he's asleep." I said. 

"Oh, both of you. I can never describe how truly happy I am to have both of you married. I am inviting you, Taehyung as well as your parents, to our house next week on a Friday evening, for a family dinner!" Jiyeon's mother squealed. 

"Dinner? What's the occasion?" Jiyeon asked. 

"Your grandfather told me he's coming to Korea from Hawaii next week! So this is the best time to introduce him to our in laws!"

Lee Myeonghan!