Kancer. Kayla. Kaught.

"KYE" I ran into the bathroom and yanked the shower curtain open. She was unconscious and blood was seeping from an open wound on the back of her head. I wrapped her in a towel and put a robe on her. I yelled for August feeling sick when her blood covered my hand.

August walked in with wide eyes.

"I'll call the ambulance" He ran back to his room to call and I tried to wake her up with no success. The ambulance came and took her on a stretcher. I got in the back with her holding my tears back.

What if she never wakes up?

2 Hours Later

Kye laid in the hospital bed asleep with bandages around her head. She had to get stitches. But they found something on her. She might me sick. They're running the tests right now. I was sitting in a chair with Jonah on my lap pulling my hair. I didn't feel it though. August walked in the room with lunch and sat next to me.

"Any news?"

"No. Not yet."

He handed me a veggie burger, small salad, and a strawberry lemonade. I ate it sharing with Jonah who kept trying to take strawberries from my salad. When we finished eating I threw all of our trash away. The doctor walked in with a sad look on his face.

"Miss Johnson I think you should sit down for this" That scared me. I sat down closer to August this time. "I'm extremely sorry to tell you this. Kye is very sick a-"

"Sick with what?" August grabbed my hand tightly.

"Sh-she has stage 4 lung cancer. It's incurable at this point. She has about two to three weeks to live. I'm sorry" He left the room and I sat there in shock.

"Oh my god. Rayna"

"Th-this can't be true. August did he just say what I think he said?"

"Yes Rayna he did"

I couldn't cry. My eyes wouldn't let me. I just got her back. Now I don't have her for more than a month. How will she react? August put his arm around me holding my hand tighter this time. I leaned my head on his shoulder smiling at Jonah. He's so clueless of what's going on.

I heard Kye move and looked at her. She opened her eyes letting her hand touch the oxygen tube in her nose going to the back of her ears.

"Ray what's going on? Why am I in here?" I got up sitting on the bed next to her.

"Kye babe I have some really horrible news to tell you"

"What? Is it about my cancer? Did it get worse?"

"Y-you knew?!"

"Yes. I found out when I looked up the symptoms of lung cancer. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry. Don't look at me like that. I don't like that Ray"

"Sorry. But the doctor said you have less than three weeks to live"

"That's alright. I'm just happy it'll be with you, and that I won't have to shave my head" I laughed and gave her a hug.

The doctor walked back in and said it was okay to go home. They gave Kye an outfit since she came in a robe and I helped strap the oxygen tank to her back but she was still weak. I held her cold hand while going downstairs and outside to the car. She got in the backseat with Jonah and I got up front.

At home Kye went up to sleep and August told me not to worry about cleaning for the next couple days.

"Hey Rayna do you want to walk to the park with Jonah or something? To take your mind off of things" August asked me while putting a different shirt on Jonah.

"Definitely" I smiled at him. I wrote a note for Kye and left it on the table. We left the house walking down the street and around the corner to a park. People were hiding behind trees taking pictures of us. "August won't they make stuff up?"

"Let them"

At the playground there were a few other kids and a small group of teenagers. One of them looked exactly like Kayla. Her hair was purple and blue and she was so pretty. I swear she looked exactly like her. She looked at me and stopped talking. I stopped walking and August looked back at me confused.

All of her friends looked at me and started asking her questions.

"Rayna what are you looking at?" August asked. The girl walked towards me slowly. I stepped forward a few steps but my feet stopped moving.

"R-Rayna" The girl stopped in front of me. I nodded my head and she gasped covering her mouth.

"Please tell me you're Kayla" She nodded her head. August looked just as shocked as me. We both hugged each other tightly. "I can't explain how much I missed you!"

Kayla pulled away looking sad. She took my hand and walked me over to a bench.

"Rayna I am so sorry"

"Sorry for what?"

"W-we all stayed together. They never split us up"

"Wait what?! How is that possible when mom and dad died and didn't have control over where we went?"

"Mom and dad never died. They staged that car crash. A woman blackmailed them for you. I think her name was Naomi. I don't know what she had on mom and dad but it was enough to give you up. We all live in a house a town over. Except Shalia lives by herself now"

I stood up lost for words. I knew that I was hella mad though. Mad at Naomi, mom, dad, and all my sisters for not telling me.

"Ray I'm sorry. Please don't get mad"

"Too late" I walked away leaving her on the bench. I went back to August who was pushing Jonah on the swing. "What'd she say to make you so mad?"

"How'd you know I was mad?"

"Because of the way you walked and I can see your face"

"Oh well she just told me that all of them stayed together, my parents never died, and they were blackmailed into giving me to Naomi"

"Shit. Why you mad at her though?"

"She was one of the many sisters that didn't tell me they weren't being split up because apparently they all knew. I don't want to think about that right now. I came here to forget about the bad things so I'm going to forget" I smiled and started tickling Jonah every time the swing got to me. His big smile made me smile and helped me forget along with August's comforting words.

I could feel Kayla's eyes on me but I didn't turn around to look at her. Some of the paparazzi ran up to us with about a trillion questions. They were getting too close and made Jonah cry. I got Jonah out of the swing and August pushed his way through the cameras holding me close.

We practically ran home. Jonah wouldn't stop crying. I took him to his room and did everything I could to get him to stop crying and go to sleep. It took almost 3 hours. My back hurt from standing up with him in my arms for so long, my head hurt from thinking about Kye, my two faced family, and Kayla. August took the sleeping Jonah from me and put him in his crib.

"Go lay down" I sleepily smiled at him and went to my room. I turned on some slow music and laid down closing my eyes. Where has Chris been? My kitten got on my back purring loudly massaging me with her claws.

I wish someone could just tell me my future so I wouldn't be so surprised when this shit happens.

I got up about two hours later. I felt better. I turned my music off and went upstairs. August was watching a movie. He waved me over when he seen me. I sat next to him confused when he pulled me closer with his arm around my waist. It made me smile though. Why do I feel so safe with him?

A/N: Contact Info: SpookyNicole__ on Twitter and Instagram.
Spooky-Nicole on Tumblr.
SpookyNicole on Snapchat.
LaurenP1316 on kik.