Let Go Of The Pain

"I wish they wouldn't make us wait. As if this shit ain't serious" August stated walking back up to the desk. I just need to know that they didn't die.

A nurse followed August to me and had me sit in a wheelchair that I was extremely thankful for. I changed into a hospital gown and laid in the bed waiting for a doctor.

August looked like he was going crazy with his thoughts. Staring at the floor breathing hard. My doctor walked in and smiled obviously not noticing how nervous we both were.

She started the ultrasound looking at the screen sadly. At that point I thought my babies are dead, I'm going to get uterus cancer, I won't be able to have kids, I'll never be happy again, then I'll die. But that was kind of dramatic.

"Rayna you have some very aggressive unborn babies inside of you. They aren't dead but they're killing each other. Both of them are too hurt to do anything right now which is why they aren't moving. But I hear two heartbeats. We are going to have to keep you here with a soothing device around your stomach that will stop their fighting"

"How long do I have to stay?"

"A couple months. If you leave too early they could kill each other. I'm sorry" She left and my hormonal ass started crying. This is so crazy! I've never even heard of this ever happening to someone in my whole life. I don't want to stay here until I'm 3 months pregnant.

August sat next to me and hugged me tickling my neck with his chin hair. I had to laugh.

"It's gonna be ok. The babies will be okay. You will be ok. I'll be here every second I'm not working and if not me all your sisters, Kurrency, and Janice will be here"

"Yeah I just I don't want to be in this uncomfortable bed for 2 months with some thing around my stomach"

The doctor walked back in with the thing smiling.

"Take the gown off and put this on. Make sure to zip it up in the back and I will turn it on when you're ready babe okay"

"Alright" She handed me the soothing device and left. I got up and took my gown off having August zip it up in the back. It was not fun to wear at all. When my doctor came back in she turned it on with the remote connected to it. It started vibrating and lightly pounding my abdomen. It kind of felt good but it was really weird.

"Do I get to wear my clothes?"

"You can wear the shorts but you have to wear a sports bra or something like it while this is on. A shirt will block the zipper and remote and could cause a malfunction"

I put my shorts and shirt back on tying my shirt in the back so it wasn't covering the device. I slid the remote in my pocket wanting to roll on the floor and die. I hate this feeling now.

"Here's some pills for the babies. They make the babies healthier but you will want to die when it hits you. You'll be on these pills every day and I honestly feel so bad for you but god am I thankful that it's not me" I do not like my doctor. I swallowed two little red pills with water. "Oh and your mother isn't doing so good. You should prepare yourself. It won't happen soon but she's not waking up"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am"

I walked past her to my mom's room upstairs on the trauma floor. This is not a good day. That's when I noticed the man sitting in a chair next to her bed crying his eyes out.

"Who are you?" I asked confused. He looked up and wiped his face.

"I'm Karina's husband"

"You're funny. Her husband is dead"