Death. Long Talks. Mother.

I took another pill for my even more painful headache and took my hair out of it's tight ponytail. I turned on She Knows by J. Cole and turned the speakers all the way up.

I grabbed my pillow screaming into it as loud as possible. My phone rang but when I went to answer it they hung up. I think I recognized the number from the prison Naomi's in. I think I just want to lay here for a long long time. But that won't do me any good.

I got up and put a jacket on. I went upstairs to a living room of silence and tension. I didn't look at anyone as I walked out of the front door. I walked to the bus stop. My phone rang again and this time they didn't hang up.

"Hello"

"Is this Rayna Johnson?"

"Yes"

"Hi we're calling to ask if you've seen Naomi Hablodeck anywhere"

"Isn't she in prison for life?"

"She escaped"

"Oh my god"

I hung up on the woman and got on the bus that pulled up. I sat down taking the hour long ride to my old town. I went to the group home sad when I seen the boards on the windows. The door was cracked open though. I walked in making sure no one seen me.

It smelled disgusting. I went to the kitchen where the smell was radiating from and let out a scream when I almost stepped in a puddle of blood. I looked to the side putting myself in shock when I witnessed Naomi on the floor with a gun in her hand and a gunshot wound in her forehead.

I ran out on the porch dropping to the ground crying my eyes out. I called the police telling them what I seen then cried some more. Why would she kill herself?! Cops arrived with the coroner and an ambulance.

One cop offered to take me home. I took him up on that offer and got in the front seat next to him. He drove me home and by then I'd stopped crying. I said thanks to the cop and made me way to the porch.

I walked in seeing August, Kye, and Jonah on the couch. Mike was gone.

"Kye"

"Rayna were you crying over him?"

"No. No I wasn't"

"Where were you for so long?"

"I went back to our old house. Naomi escaped from prison"

"Wait what?! Did they catch her?"

"No. Kye. Naomi killed herself"

"N-n-no. It's all my fault. She killed that man for me a-"

"Kye it isn't your fault. I just thought you should hear it from me before you see it on the news"

She ran up to her room I'm guessing and I thought it would be better if I just left her alone for now. I looked at August and he gestured for me to come sit by him. I did and he surprisingly pulled me onto his lap and just held me which is exactly what I needed from him right now.

??? POV

I can't believe I'm still searching for her. They lied to her. Told her we died. ON HER DAMN BIRTHDAY!!! I miss my daughter. I promise I will find her.

Mike POV (Last time)

I don't want to go back home. But I have to. My son is still there and my stuff. When I walked in the front door August was standing against the wall waiting. Rayna was asleep on the couch.

Unexpectedly I felt an extremely painful punch to my jaw followed by probably a dozen more. I'm pretty sure e broke my jaw. He expressed all his anger into beating the shit out of me and by the way I was hurting, I could tell he was immensely angry.