Avoided ; Rejoined

After a lot of crying and confessions Chris was tired. He just wouldn't listen to me and go rest. I went to the kitchen and made some hot tea with milk and sugar in it. I sat on the couch with him and made him take the tea from me.

When his eyes started to close I had him go to his room. I went to my room and sat on my bed. I tried calling Taylor but there was no answer. When I tried calling again the rings were longer this time but it went to voicemail. Is she declining my calls?

I looked through my Instagram feed and followed everyone back. I took some pictures in the mirror then posted a collage. I have nothing to do. I went and got Jonah from his walker. I took him to his room and dressed him in a pair of dark wash jeans, a white crew neck, a dark wash jean jacket, and his Jordan's.

I took him to my room where I put a black see through cardigan on. Jonah and I walked outside and I held his hand while walking down the street. I heard a bark from across the street and turned to see the gray dog that bit me. I swooped Jonah up in my arms when the pit ran towards us. I ran into someones yard and locked the fence. The dog tried jumping into the yard but it was too small. Then some guy hit it in the face with a shovel!

That's when I noticed that there was a whole group of people on the porch hanging out. I got so embarrassed.

"Rayna what are you doing here?" Mike was on the porch.

"I-I was taking Jonah for a walk and well you know since that dog already bit the hell out of my leg I ran. I'm gonna go now"

"No! Rayna wait for animal control to get here I'll call them"

"Okay then" I thanked the guy for hitting the dog and went and sat next to Mike on the porch with Jonah on my lap.

"Why do you look so sad?" Mike asked quietly.

"Chris's dad killed his mom so now he's in prison"

"Damn"

"Yeah and Jonah keeps calling me mom" Mike looked like he didn't know what to say to that so I just got on my phone trying to contact Taylor. The girl I thought was becoming my friend. Animal control came and got the dog so I left.

I took Jonah to an ice cream parlor and waited in line. A woman about ten years older than me turned around smiling at Jonah.

"Oh your son is so cute!" She proclaimed. She turned back around to order before I could tell her he wasn't mine. I ordered a small cup of chocolate vanilla swirl and a medium cup of cookies and cream. I sat down at a table and put Jonah in a high chair.

I fed him his ice cream while eating mines when I got a phone call from August.

"Hello"

"Hey. Did you leave?"

"Yeah I went to get ice cream with Jonah"

"Do you know what's wrong with Chris?"

"Yeah. We had a really long talk about it. He cried a lot. Isn't that so horrible?"

"I don't know what happened"

"Oh. So he didn't tell you. Well he told me that his dad called him from prison because he killed his mom"

"Oh shit. Alright I'm gon call you back"

"Ok"

He hung up and I continued with the ice cream. When we finished I carried Jonah out of the almost crowded place. I looked at my phone seeing that Taylor read my messages but didn't reply. What is going on with her?

I took Jonah home and left him to play with toys. I went to my room calling Taylor for the third time.

"Hello" She answered this time finally