Chapter 23

Ex ni Justus. 

Napatingin si Justus sa'kin at mabilis siyang lumapit sa'kin. 

"Hi!" Bati niya sa'kin. 

Tumango ako sakaniya at tumingin kay Hailee. 

She waved shyly and smiled at me. 

I smiled but it didn't reach wherein you can see delight in my face. 

"She's back?" I asked Justus without breaking my stare at her. 

The girl, I'm awkward with. The girl who became one of my friends abroad. But she broke my best friend's heart. The one who shouldn't be hurt. But why am I feeling that I'm going to be hurt him, too? 

"Yeah" He breathed, "Oh, please. Don't be mad at her. She's here to make amends from all the things happened. Let's just give her a try, okay. Zea?" 

Hindi ko siya pinansin at tinignan ko lang siya. 

He whined. "I know how much pain she brought to us. But we're growing up, love." 

I closed my eyes and sighed, "Fine." 

He smiled at me and hugged me. 

Lumapit kami kay Hailee and her eyes went down where Justus and I are holding hands. 

"Y-You guys are t-together?" Nauutal niyang tanong. 

Umiling si Justus at ngumiti sa'kin, "We're just really close for the past few months." 

Hailee sighed in relief and I am concluding that she still have feelings for this guy. 

"Jus, can you please get us drinks?" I asked looking at him with a smile. 

He brushed my hair and nodded, "Sure. I'll be right back." 

Pag alis ni Justus tinignan ko na si Hailee, "You want him back." It's not a question but a statement. 

She was taken back on what I said but she slowly nods. 

"You should've thought about what you did. Cheating." I emphasized. 

She sighed, "I'm confused of what I truly feel. Alam mo naman na madaming obstacle course ang nangyayari sa buhay natin, inclcuding love relationships, diba?" 

"Look, Zea. I want him back. Really want him back." She sounds frustrated.

"I know. I understand. But why are you telling this to me?" I asked with confusion. 

"He likes you so much, Zea. He really does." I see that. 

"He did mention that." But I am also confused of what I feel towards Justus. 

Before any more statement was added, lumitaw na si Justus na may hawak na tatlong wine glasses. 

He gave me my favorite moscato white wine. While he gave Hailee's favorite red wine to her. He knows her very well. 

I smiled at that thought. Is it wrong if I wanted them to have second chance? They really have such a strong bond. Their relationship was almost identified as perfect but this girl cheated because she was confused of what she truly feels. How nice. 

Sinasayang ang for keeps, talaga naman.

Now that I am standing beside them, parang ako ang third wheel dahil ang saya saya nila pag tinignan mo sila magkasama. 

Gusto ko akin lang si Justus. Pero hindi ko talaga alam ang totoong nararamdaman ko towards him. Is it just only best friends or more than that?