Chapter 28- Again

Cassie's POV-

-------------

Time Skip

-------------

"Okay you're almost out." I say and she nods. I rub the blade against the rope again and again and watch it as it breaks. "Yes!" I whisper yell taking it off her wrists. We already untied both of our legs so we run to the other side of the room. I look around the window and press my fingers to the sides of the glass and push against it and it starts to pop out. I change my fingers to my fists and push again. The glass finally pops lose and I take my fist away kneeling for Eve to jump up and out the window. I watch as she climbs onto the dead grass and puts her hands through the window to help pull me up. I grab her hands and jump pulling myself out the window. I watch as my blade falls to the ground in the room and I sigh. "Fuck it, let's go" I say watching as a black chevrolet pulls up, "Pete!" I say as the window rolls down. "Hurry up kiddos. We need to get the fuck outta here" he says as we run to the car, hopping in the back on either side. I look at Brendon as he drives out onto the highway. It looked like we had gotten into a house just off the highway on a dirt road. "That was terrible. Ugh even though we were only there for two days." Eve says and I nod. "But what do those numbers mean Cass? The one's you told me before you passed out" Brendon asks and I shrug. "Seriously I don't know. Maybe it's a year and a date? But I wouldn't know some of the other numbers. Maybe an age and the date?" I say and Brendon nods. "What were the numbers again?" Pete asks and I look up at the roof to think for a second. "13 22 1 31 3" I say. "Ok" he pauses. "13 could be a year or a day, or an age. 22 could be a date or age, 1 could be anything though. 31 could be a day or an age, but if it was a day that would narrow down the possible months. 3 also could be whatever." Pete says, pausing between each number and their description. "Okay. I'll write down what can be a year." I say opening my phone, it's at 17% but right now. I seriously don't care. I start typing what could be years, what could be months, what could be dates, and what could be ages. I stare at my phone. "13 22 1 31 3" I mumble. "13 22 1 31 3." I whisper. I look over all the numbers and type them in a different order, eventually coming up with a contender. I spring up. "Mikey!" I say, overly excited. "3 22 13, March 22nd 2013, when they went on hiatus, 31 plus 1 is 32 and that's how old he was then!" I say jumping in my seat "Cass! Yesyesyeysyeysyes Yes!" Pete says turning quickly to give me a high five as we pull in at the house.

-----------------------------

Huge fuckin time skip

-----------------------------

"Baaaaabe" I whine laying in Kenzie's lap, she just moved here from Fransisco and she live about 15 minutes away. She does go to the same school as us but we don't see her much as we're sophomores and she is a senior. "Whaaaa" she asks drumming on my stomach. "Ow fuck off. I wanna go somewhere." I say and she groans. "But Joey Gracefenafaaaaaa" she whines and I laugh. "You can watch him later tonight. I promise" I say. "Fiiiiiiiiiine" she says adjusting herself to get up as I sit up we put on our shoes and I grab my phone before turning the TV off before going downstairs to Brendon. "Hey we're gonna walk to the coffee shop down near Kenzie"s house." I say and I see Brendon nod, "Okay, be safe" he says. "Got it. Bye dad, love you" I say walking out and I hear a faint, "Love you too" from Brendon. We get outside the door and I go to the garage, grabbing my penny board before putting it in my back straps to walk with Kenzie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little tiny skip brought to you by my English class work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we get halfway there I see a navy blue mini van with tinted windows roll past us. I quickly look away and walk faster with Kenzie in tow. "What? What's happening?" she asks me and I just tug her arm harder. "They found me again" I whisper. "Dammit. Dammit dammit shit" I mumble. "They? Who? Those men?" she asks and I nod quickly. I pull her onto a side road leading to the park I know is right there, "Come on, shortcut through here to your place. I need to hide" I say dragging her through the debris on a slight path made from people walking this way. We walk down the rocky path until we reach the street before her hers. We speed walk down until we get to the cut off dead end she lives on. We run inside after she unlocks the door and we see her mom in the living room. "Hey mom" Kenzie says, "Hi Mrs. Alinela" I wave. "Hello girls" she says smiling then to look back down at her painting. "We're going upstairs but we'll probably have the door closed or music on. Text me if you need me" she says as we run up the stairs to her room. I pull my phone out and text Brendon as Kenzie puts on some music.

Cassie- Dad.. They're looking again

Papito Breadroll- Seriously -_-

Cassie- Yeah. We ran to Kenzie's place. No coffee for us ig..

Papito Breadroll- haha yeah. I'll come pick u up after they break in ._.

Cassie- Thanks

Papito Breadroll- Got it kiddo

-------------------------------------------

Hell yeah man that is it

Hope you enjoyed the book bye bye 

-Livi