Chapter 8- First Show

"Whats up Seattle?" Brendon says. I'm still backstage waiting for him to announce me. "So, We have an announcement that I think you guys will love" He said looking at me the crowd quiets "So we have someone joining us in the band." I hear gasps and screams and I think I thought I heard someone yell 'Is it Ryan?' and Brendon must have heard it "No it's not Ryan.." He trails and the crowd groans and he chuckled then announced me, "It's Cassie!" I run on stage and everyone screams. "Hey guys! So yea, I'm joining Panic!" I say into my mic. Everyone was screaming and cheering and I saw some girls in the front jumping and crying tears of joy. "So enough of me, lets get this show started!" I yell and listen to the beginning of Nine in the Afternoon and I start to play the tabs  "Back to the street where we began. Feeling as good as lovers can you know." Brendon sang "Its just the end of the road" I sang back to him, he smiles "Back to the place where we used to say,  man it feels good to feel this way" Brendon sang yet again "Now I know what I mean" I kept singing the backing parts and Dallon joined me on some of them.

 We finished that song, the next one I'm not playing for, I don't know why though. I didn't know what song it was until Brendon got handed an acoustic guitar. Wait what? I jogged over to him "You're doing this?" I ask worried but happy that he is "Yea..." He trailed off "Back me up if anything happens" He says "Ok" I walked back to my spot on stage "Ok guys so acoustic guitar, a lot of you know what this is" He says laughing and the crowd screamed "Ok enough of that Ryan isn't coming calm your asses" He said in his perky girly voice and I laughed along with the crowd "Aw, too bad beebo" I say pouting in my mic. "Anyways lets get started" I say to the crowd. "Alright" Brendon says barely audible and starts to play "If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed that we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be. Just like broken glass to me" He starts and sighs away from the mic "And then she said she cant believe, genius only comes along in storms of fable foreign tongues. Tripping eyes and flooded lungs, Northern Downpour sends its love." He sang "Hey moon, please forget to fall down. Hey moon don't you go down" He looks to me 'Do the next part' he mouths I nodded, of course I'm doing Ryan's parts "Sugar cane, in the easy morning. Weather vanes my, one and lonely" I sang "The ink is running towards the page, chasing off the days look back at boat feet and that winding knee. I missed your skin when you were east, you clicked your heels and wished for me" He looked back at me his eyes glazing a bit with tears, I knew he was going to break soon. "Through playful lips made of yarn, that fragile Capricorn, unraveled words like moths upon old scarves" I stopped and looked at him, he knew and I knew he was breaking here "I know the worlds a broken bone" He stopped to wipe the single tear from his cheek. "But melt your headaches" He stopped his words were watery and swaying "Call it home." the crowd finished for him, he looked up from his hands and smiled at the crowd. I've never seen him like this. I walked over to him. "Its ok, keep going. You can do it." I say rubbing his back slightly as he nods "Hey moon, please forget to fall down, Hey moon don't you go down" He was still wavy but sang it anyways "Sugarcane in, the easy morning. Weather vanes my, one and lonely" I sang quietly and we repeated this until he sang "You are at the top of my lungs. Drawn to the ones who never yawn" He sang and took the mic away from his mouth "C'mon, really quick" He said getting up and walking towards left stage and going back stage. He broke down once he got out of sight from the crowd. I sat down next to him and drew circles on his back saying quiet and calming words. He started to calm down so I said calmly "There's a show and probably about a million people out there waiting for you to come back out, c'mon" He nods and gets up slowly.

Brendon's P.O.V (WOAH POV CHANGE) 

I was a wreck during that. I knew this wouldn't be good, to sing Northern Downpour with all this happening? I mean I haven't performed that song in 4 years. Why sing it now? I look down at my hands crying until Cassie says something to me "There's a show and probably about a million people out there waiting for you to come back out, c'mon" She says calmly. How does she deal with me like this? How is she not stressed out? (used to play pretend give each other different names. Ok go on with the story.) I nod and get up slowly. I fix my hunched posture and start walking faster. Yea, she's right one song can't ruin me for a whole night and probably more. I grab the mic I left with crew. "Sorry about that guys" I say thinking of something as the crowd screams "Technical difficulty" I state in a mono voice and I heard Cassie laughing beside me. Lets get this show back on.

Cassie's P.O.V

"Technical difficulty" I hear Brendon say. I start laughing, that's the Brendon I know. The rest of the show was happy and upbeat. I loved this. This was where I wanted to be the rest of my life. Up on a stage with thousands of people singing the words you've known so well back to you. Up with my friends and family singing and playing my heart out. This was going to be my forever.

------------------------

Hey! So yea emotional chapter but hey I have to have one of those sometimes. Sorry I didn't update but hey whatever now you have a chapter. I was just busy I got a lot of homework for this weekend so I couldn't write as much as I usually do. Anyways mk bye my doods and doodettes.

-Livi