Chapter 24- Numbers

(time skip to the last week of tour)

"How are you Albany?!" Brendon asks, the crowd screams and I smile. "Well as you know, it's the last week of tour and My Chem is still here they're backstage, I think, so" Brendon says, looking at me, sitting at the piano. "For all of you" I pause making a siren noise, "G note warning" I say in an announcer voice and the crowd laughs and screams. I sigh and laugh, "Yes I do, I watch CrankThatFrank" I laugh then I start playing the beginning of 'Welcome to the Black Parade' as Gerard walks out onto the stage

~wOOO~

"Who's CrankThatFrank?" Pete asks me when we all get backstage after the show. "I bet he'd rather me not saying" I say and Brendon and Gee look to me, "Yea you guys too, it's the whole emo quartet plus a bunch more" I say and Patrick facepalms, "Are we still branded as the 'Emo Quartet'?" He mumbles and I nod. "By a LOT of people hon" I confirm. "Great" he says and I laugh. "Pattycakes, honey I still refer to you as the emo quartet, emo quintet if I'm including ATL" I say. "Great thanks Cass" Alex says and I laugh.

~wOoP~

Life is just a fucking rollercoaster and I'm stuck on it to keep going around and around until I stop at the top of a loop-di-loop. I climb into my bunk after going to the bathroom and open my phone, 3 missed calls from the unknown number that had called me many times before. I of course ignored all of them after the first encounter. Listening to most of the voicemails. I listen to the 2 voicemails they had left. I listen to both of them, "Cassidy don't think I can't find you, you're ignoring my calls, you won't be able to ignore it once I get to you." The first one and I click the second one. "13 22 1 31 3" (If you can figure that out it actually has a meaning) The second one said, I looked at my phone confused before texting Pete.

Cassie- hey do u know wht '13 22 1 31 3' means?

Domino's pizza delivery- uhh no y?

Cassie- another voicemail from those people

Domino's pizza delivery- Oh ok. I'll try and figure it out

Cassie- Ok thx

I sigh and throw my phone at my sheets. Why me though? Of all people why am I the one who get THIS shitty backstory? I ask myself. I climb out of my bunk and walk to the kitchenette, grabbing a water, sitting on the couch in the lounge, slowly taking sips of water. I wonder I think, standing back up and walking to Brendon's cabinet, everyone in the bus is asleep so it wouldn't be that hard to do what I was doing. I shuffle my hand around in the cabinet before feeling the small glossy cardboard box, I take it out and look at it. Newport, nice. I think again, I haven't smoked since a month before I got adopted by Brendon. I had a gray lighter in my bag so I grabbed it and opened a window in the back lounge. I take out one of the cigarettes and flick the lighter until the end of the cigarette has red-orange tints here and there, I bring it to my mouth and breath in, letting the smoke out of my mouth through the window. Repeating the process a couple times, flicking ashes out the window when needed. Finally putting it out in the sole of my shoe before throwing it out the window. I hear shuffling and I hide the cigarettes behind me before looking at the person approaching me. "Cassie what are you doing awake?" I hear the voice of Dallon before he comes underneath a dim light that slightly illuminating his face. "I couldn't sleep" I say. Dallon looks at me with a dad look. "You were completely capable to sleep don't try and play that on me. Remember I have two kids" he says looking at the open window. "And why have the window open if you could just look out it while it's closed?" He says looking at the ceiling. "Cassie why does it smell like smoke?" He asks. Shit I thought. "The window is open Dal, someone in their car could be smoking I guess" I lie. "Cassie don't play dumb were you smoking?" he asks and traces an 'X' over fabric of his 'Guns n' Roses' shirt on his chest. I sigh and nod. "Cassie why are you smoking? What's wrong?" He asks, sitting down next to me eyeing the cigarette pack behind me telling me he knows its there. I remove it from behind me as he holds out his hand, I place the pack in his hand and point to Brendon's cabinet. He nods and proceeds to place them back before asking me the same questions he just had. "So you know how I got that call a couple days ago? the day Evelyn got here?" I pause and he nods. "Well those were what I assume the people who killed my parents and almost me. Pete thought there were no more of them until that call so we've both been a little uneasy. Brendon knows about the calls and they called again tonight. It was making me really stressed and I really miss my parents, not Brendon parents. Also tomorrow is the anniversary of when they died" I say and Dallon looks at me with sympathy. "Don't give me sympathy please. I fucking hate it" I say rubbing my forehead. He nods and pats my shoulder, "I'll keep quiet about you smoking but we both need some rest. Night Cassie." He says pulling me off the couch and leading me to the bunks climbing to his as I do the same with mine.