Chapter 37

Your P.O.V.

Sometimes, you genuinely wondered what Johan's business really was. Not only his 'car' was another rented limousine but he was, once again, staying in one of the most expensive hotels in Frankfurt. At first you thought you should protest and just be in a place that you could afford as well but then again, you didn't want to depart with Johan so at the end, he ended up paying for everything...again. You knew the man left the college for he was capable of making a quite-damn-comfortable-living even without a diploma but...just what was his job? And what job gave him so much freedom? He didn't have a normal job nor he followed any routine. He was also moving from place to place quite often. He never spoke of his co-workers either.

In fact, Johan Liebert never spoke about anyone expect that time when the two of you were with Karl and Lotte back in college days.

Maybe he was coming from a rich family?

"Johan?" You said, as you pulled up your knees on the couch, still looking at the TV, mindlessly wondering how was your brother.

"Yes?" He said as he sat next to you, placing a two cups of tea on the small table.

"Be careful." You smiled slightly as soon as the sweet liquid filled your mouth "I don't know what your business is but....please, be careful. Whatever your job is, it's obvious you're making quite...a lot of money, and I do know that those kind of jobs can be risky and dangerous sometimes. I am not going to ask you any questions, I don't even mind if you brake a law or two....Just don't kill anyone or hurt someone-" letting out a small chuckle, you looked at him "Oh gosh, I am sorry, I am just under too much stress lately. I don't even know what I am saying anymore. "

The blonde let out a short chuckle, his body shaking with the rhythm of his melodic voice "Shouldn't I be saying you to be careful? After all, aren't you looking after the monster who is Dr.Tenma after?"

Letting out a small sigh, you moved closer to Johan and laid your head on his shoulder, taking him by the surprise "I guess...I am not sure does that monster know of my existence at all. I mean, if they dig a little deeper in Kenzo's past, they could find some traces and doubts concerning my 'death' but to the world..." you made a small pause but continued soon after" ________ Tenma died a long time ago. Beside, why would the monster care about me at all? The best route is to get Onii-chan out of jail, get in contact with him, and then find what exactly is his connection to the monster. And then..."

You bit your bottom lip, not wanting to say that you would be the one to send the monster to death even though Johan knew your plan.

"Killing the monster." He finished in a hushed tone instead of you at which you made a small nod.

"Johan, once I become a murderer, will you look at me in a different way?" you lift up your head and looked into his beautiful blue eyes, a saddened smile on your face.

A serene smile crossed his face as he stood up "You will never change in my eyes, my dear. Beside, doesn't everyone do some stuff they don't want to?"

But not everyone goes around with a gun in their pocket, looking after a person they know nothing about just to ruthlessly kill them.

"__________," Johan spoke in a serious tone, holding a-

"My gun!" your eyes widened as you quickly stood up, your heart pounding in your chest, your eyes looking at the blonde with a confused expression as the man loaded a pistol as if that was something he did everyday "Why-"

"If you are going to face the monster, you should not waste your time on loading it." He said, holding the gun safely so it wouldn't hurt either one of you. Slowly, you took your gun back from him, still looking at him with a bit of confusion.