Chapter 29 - Radio

Once he was finally free from the garage, Tachanka took a moment to contemplate his plan to save Jäger. Leaning against an old beat up looking car, he got lost in his thoughts digging his leather clad toes into the concrete sidewalk beside the rotten garage door, one of his little habits he harboured over the years.

He knew he couldn't just bust in alone, he had no idea what Doc was capable of anymore. Plus, he wasn't sure where he took him but it can't have been very far from where Jackal kept them. He needed backup desperately before beginning his rescue mission.

Of course contacting Six would be pointless as it would take them far too long to send out reinforcements and by then, although he hated to admit it, it may be too late for Jäger. They were probably extremely worried about the four as they were meant to contact them after they completed the defusing of the bomb. He had no way of communicating though, he assumed all his equipment was taken from him when he was drugged.

Snapping out his thoughts, he shook his head. Deciding that finding his equipment was the best option in his situation, he headed back inside the building. He knew he'd have a better chance of finding his stuff whilst Jackal was still unconscious.

Heading back through the door, the stench of dampness and mould stung his nostrils and he flinched in disgust. His feet crunched up old pieces of news paper scattered along the floor along with dead leaves. Dust rose from the ground with his every step. Once reaching the door, he twisted the knob and shoved it open. He swiftly rushed into the room to where Jackal's workbench was, fishing through the drawers in a hurry, old pieces of paper flying out onto the concrete. Just his luck, he found his radio buried beneath a pile of old books and documents of some sort. He gasped in relief as he quickly pulled it out and shoved it in one of his pockets.

Rushing back outside, he tugged out the radio and began twisting the knob back and forth, hoping to pick up some sort of signal he took a deep breath. After a few more twists and turns a light static noise was emitted from the handheld device. He gasped and twisted it again, this time a light voice came through but he couldn't make out any words, it was just muttering. With a final twist, the voice got louder.

"Oh my god! Hello is anyone there?" He yelled into the device whilst holding the button on the side. He tapped his foot impatiently awaiting a response.

"Hello? Yes this is the Six's blue team." A raspy voice announced. Tachanka's jaw dropped in shock that he actually managed to contact someone.

"It's me Alexsandr! Who is this? I require your assistance if possible." He informed crossing two of his free fingers in hope they'd be able to help.

"Oh my god, it's me Dominic. Alex where is Marius? I need to speak to him, please?!" He begged desperately. Tachanka could hear the worry in his shaking voice and he felt horrible.

"Um about Marius..." he paused and took a deep breath before explaining. "He's been taken. Ryad and Gustave are traitors who drugged us and held us captive." He began, a 'oh my fucking god' coming from Bandit in pure disbelief and betrayal. "I managed to escape knocking out Ryad in the process but Gustave has Marius. Please come to the yellow team's location immediately." He explained skimming over the abandoned street in front of him.

"We'll be as quick as we can, we'll have to contact Six to delay our pick up. If he's laid a finger on my baby, I will murder him. Mark my words." He stated in a dead serious tone.

"Please hurry Dominic, he may not have long!" Tachanka informed shaking his head in worry. They'd have to get there as soon as possible for the best chance of actually getting him out alive.

"We have your location marked on our map, making our way there now. I'm going to kill that traitor."

————————————————————

A/N - Thank you all for 7k reads it means so much to me!! I love this book with all my heart <3

Just wanted to give some shout outs to:

•AFuzeBoi
•R6S_Finka
•Medacane

For being such great and supportive friends <3