Chapter 31

As soon as Snowbush has awoken fully rested from his journey from ThunderClan to the barn, Ivypool and Blossomfall lead him over to Muffy and Sooty so they can explain everything more as to why Snowbush is here.

The two she-cats are still unsure if they really want to return to ThunderClan now that the chance has arisen, but they best make their decision quick. They suppose that they could still come and visit these barn cats that they've now come to view as family every once in awhile if they do choose to return to ThunderClan. But would Bramblestar really allow them to do that?

The answer to that, is that they don't know for sure. There's the chance that he would allow it, and the chance that he won't allow it at all.

"The Clan really does miss you both." Snowbush says, walking in between both Ivypool and Blossomfall as they make their way over to Muffy and Sooty.

"What about the other three Clans?" Blossomfall asks. "I bet they won't be too thrilled with our return." She says. "If we return."

"Who cares what they think?" Snowbush says. "ThunderClan's business is no business of theirs."

He's not wrong there, they know that for certain, but once ShadowClan, WindClan, and RiverClan catch wind of Ivypool and Blossomfall's possible return to ThunderClan, there's the chance that they won't be too happy. Unless of course, they've either forgotten the matter, or just don't care anymore.

Ivypool finds that a slight bit unlikely that the other Clans would just forget the matter. Not care anymore though? There's the possibility of that, but how likely is that to be the case?

"That won't stop them though." Blossomfall points out.

They don't say anymore on the matter, as they reach Muffy and Sooty.

The two toms sit up, awaiting to hear what they have to say.

"Firstly, I'd just like to thank you for letting me spend the night here." Snowbush starts, dipping his head to both Muffy and Sooty. "Secondly, Ivypool and Blossomfall are able to return to ThunderClan if they wish to."

"Snowbush tells us that our medicine cat, Jayfeather, has received word from StarClan that us leaving our Clan was a test so that we can see that there are other cats like us out there." Blossomfall says. "I cannot say why StarClan didn't just tell us before we left, but they've never really been very upfront about things."

Muffy looks as though he's trying his best to understand the situation with StarClan and this being a test of some sort, while Sooty on the other hand, looks completely lost. Ivypool, Blossomfall, and Snowbush don't blame him though. These cats don't follow StarClan or any of their customs, so of course this would be a little confusing for them.

"So... you're saying that you really had no need in leaving your Clan, but StarClan wanted to test you, and show you that cats like yourselves are okay?" Muffy asks.

Ivypool nods. "Yes, pretty much."

"Bramblestar sent me to retrieve Ivypool and Blossomfall if they wish to return home." Snowbush says.

"And do they wish to return home?" Muffy asks, looking between both Ivypool and Blossomfall.

The answer? They're not too sure, but they sure do miss their home back in ThunderClan, and now that there's the chance for them to return, maybe they should take it? Snowbush didn't just come all this way for nothing after all....

Maybe they should have some time to think about it before they really make the final decision, though some may think that they've had long enough to think it over.... Five moons they've been living with these cats, and yet they haven't quite made a final decision.

"We'd like to wait a couple sunrises before we make a decision, I think." Blossomfall says, looking to Ivypool for confirmation.

Ivypool nods, glad that Blossomfall seems to be thinking similar to herself. "Yes." She starts. "Hopefully by then we'll have made our decision."

"Very well then." Muffy says. "If you decide to return to your Clan, you're welcome back here anytime you please."

"We understand if you choose to return to your Clan." Sooty says. "It is your true home after all."

They knew that Muffy and Sooty would more or less understand, but they feel it's nice to hear confirmation of that from them. The fact that if they do choose to return to ThunderClan, they're welcome back here anytime is great news too, that they were more or less expecting.

They talk a bit more on the matter, with Snowbush explaining in as much detail as he can about the dream StarClan had sent Jayfeather... or, at least attempting to in as much detail as Jayfeather had told him anyway.

Ivypool notices that both Muffy and Sooty both appear to not be able to understand much of it, and StarClan's whole process of sending the Clan's medicine cats dreams, visions, and omens. Despite that though, they seem interested enough in hearing more of how that works. Ivypool and Blossomfall had told them along with the majority of the other barn cats a few moons ago about it, but they appear to be interested in finding out a little bit more about it.

After that, Ivypool and Blossomfall decide to introduce Snowbush to the rest of the barn cats, seeing as he'll be here for another couple of sunrises until Ivypool and Blossomfall have made a decision. Luckily Snowbush gets on well enough with these cats, and the younger cats all take an interest in him, excited to meet another Clan cat, and wanting to know more about Clan life.

Somehow, in having Snowbush here right now, makes Ivypool and Blossomfall miss their Clan even more than they first thought they did, and they begin to realize exactly what the right choice is for them to make....