Chapter 21

"Wait!" Ivypool yells, getting the attention of the rest of the gathered cats. "StarClan obviously aren't about to give us any indication of what to do." She starts, looking over at Blossomfall, before looking up towards the four leaders. "This is not how Blossomfall and I wanted this to go down once we announced this."

She notices Bramblestar watching her curiously, just waiting to see what she's getting at, and Ivypool is certain that once she says what she's about to say, that he's going to attempt to protest it. But this is the only way for the Clans to avoid the unnecessary conflict. Especially when StarClan are making no move to stop it.

"Bramblestar, Blossomfall and I don't want there to be unnecessary conflict between the Clans because of this." She starts, lowering her head in disappointment. "I feel the only way to avoid this, is if Blossomfall and I were to leave the Clans."

"What?!" Dovewing is the first to exclaim. "Ivypool, no! You don't have to do this!"

"You can't leave!" Snowpaw protests. "Please don't go, Ivypool. Please!"

Turning to her sister and her apprentice, Ivypool can already see the sadness in both their eyes. There's no way that she wants to leave her sister or Snowpaw, but for the sake of the Clan, and to stop unnecessary conflict, it's something that she must do.

"It's the only way to avoid the conflict." Ivypool sighs.

"Ivypool, Blossomfall." Bramblestar starts, watching both she-cats in surprise. "You don't have to leave ThunderClan because of this."

"Bramblestar." Blossomfall shakes her head. "This is what Ivypool and I must do." She sighs. "StarClan don't seem as though they want to do anything about this, so maybe they think this is what must happen. Or they might just be testing us, who knows?" She says. "But, leaving ThunderClan is something we must do."

Bramblestar is quiet for awhile, before sighing. "If you feel it's what you must do, then so be it." He sighs, shaking his head.

"Ivypool, please. Don't do this." Dovewing begs, not wanting to lose her sister.

Ivypool shakes her head, not looking her sister in the eyes. "I'm sorry." She says, before turning to Blossomfall, who looked just as defeated as she herself did. "You ready to go?"

Blossomfall sighs, nodding her head. "Yes." She whispers, before she's turning to her brother. "Bumblestripe, tell Briarlight that I'm okay, and that I love her."

Bumblestripe nods weakly. "And Millie and Graystripe too?" He croaks, not wanting to see his sister go.

Blossomfall simply nods, before licking her brother's cheek. "I'll miss you, brother."

At that, Ivypool and Blossomfall both stand up, and make their way to the edge of the island to cross over the tree bridge. The ThunderClan cats all bow their heads at the two of them, saying that they'll miss them, and that they wish them luck out there.

The both of them are aware that Dovewing, Snowpaw, and Bumblestripe are following them, but they don't make any move to stop them. Instead, they cast one last look behind them, before crossing over the tree bridge.

From this moment on, the two of them are no longer ThunderClan warriors, but loners. They may not like it, but this is the only way to avoid unnecessary conflict between the four Clans.

This is what they must do. And who knows? They might even find more cats just like them while they try to find a new home.

Because surely there's got to be other cats out there just like them, right?