Chapter 17

Ivypool and Blossomfall find themselves both being rather nervous towards what they're about to speak with Bramblestar about. They've got no idea what the dark tabby tom is going to say and how he'll react about it.

Then there's the issue of having to tell the rest of the Clan about them, and they definitely have no idea how the Clan will react. The two of the just hope that it won't go all bad, and that they won't get thrown out of ThunderClan.

"You ready?" Blossomfall asks, looking over at Ivypool, who's giving her chest fur a couple of nervous licks.

"I guess so." Ivypool says, glancing over at Snowpaw, who's sitting next to her.

"You'll both be fine." Snowpaw says, doing his best to assure them that they'll be okay, and Bramblestar won't kick them out of the Clan.

Nodding, both Blossomfall and Ivypool stand up, and the three of them make their way up the stone pathway up to the leader's den. Snowpaw bids them a final good luck, before he makes his way back down into the clearing, and over to the elders den to clean out Purdy's bedding.

Snowpaw wasn't told to do so, he just wants to make himself useful while he awaits to hear the news of how it went with Ivypool and Blossomfall talking to Bramblestar. Plus, Purdy could probably use the company right now, seeing as he's the only elder in ThunderClan right now.

"Bramblestar?" Blossomfall calls out, as she and Ivypool poke their heads into the leader's den. "Could Ivypool and I talk to you for a moment?" She asks, as she spots the dark brown tabby tom grooming himself at the back of his den.

Bramblestar looks over at the two she-cats standing in the entrance to his den. "Of course." He says, standing up and shaking out his fur, before walking over to them. "What is it that you'd like to speak with me about?"

"Uh, well." Blossomfall starts, looking over at Ivypool. "Ivypool and I are, well..." She trails off.

Ivypool sighs, rubbing the top of her head against Blossomfall's side in encouragement. Though if she's being honest, Ivypool needs the encouragement just as much as Blossomfall does right now.

"You're what?" Bramblestar asks calmly, encouraging them to continue.

"Blossomfall and I are in love." Ivypool finishes for her mate. "And, we've decided to become mates."

Blossomfall nods. "Yeah." She says. "We'd like to announce it to the rest of the Clan also." She adds. "If you'll allow it."

Bramblestar seems to be taken aback at first upon Ivypool and Blossomfall's admission to him, but quickly shakes his head. "Okay, so... you've both decided to become mates?" He questions.

Both Ivypool and Blossomfall nod. Yes. Yes they have.

Bramblestar nods. "Have two she-cats or two toms ever became mates with each other?" He asks, more to himself than Ivypool and Blossomfall.

"We're not sure." Blossomfall admits. "That's why we've been a little hesitant to tell anyone before now."

Bramblestar nods, seemingly deep in thought. Which can't help but make both Ivypool and Blossomfall worried that he doesn't accept them, and is considering exiling them from the Clan, as harsh as that may seem.

"Well... I'll admit that I've never heard of this happening throughout the history of the Clans so this is rather new to me." He starts. "But, I don't see anything wrong with it."

At that, Ivypool and Blossomfall relax. Bramblestar is okay with it, and he's not going to banish them from ThunderClan. Though, maybe banishing them is a little too extreme of a result for this if he didn't accept them. ThunderClan does need all it's warriors after all.

"Thank you, Bramblestar." Ivypool says, as she and Blossomfall dip their heads slightly.

Bramblestar nods also. "Now you wish to inform the rest of the Clan, correct?" He asks.

Blossomfall nods. "Yes, that's correct." She says. "And, depending on the reaction of the Clan, we'd like to announce it to the other three Clans at the gathering tonight." She adds. "There might be others like us in the other Clans."

Bramblestar thinks it over for a few heartbeats, before nodding. "Alright." He decides. "You can announce it at the gathering also." He says. "I must admit, I am now curious whether or not there are more cats like you both." He purrs.

Ivypool and Blossomfall follow Bramblestar out of the den at that, and make their way down into the clearing, as Bramblestar calls a summons to the rest of the Clan.

Sitting below the Highledge, Ivypool and Blossomfall sit close together, as they await what is about to come. Either the Clan will be accepting of them, or force Bramblestar to exile them.

Whatever happens though, they just hope that the Clan won't react too badly about what the pair of them are about to announce to them....