"It's Constable Monteleone," said Dad in a stern voice. She shrank. I watched from behind my dad, shooting her a filthy look. On one hand, I hated that my dad was here, because I wanted to reach in there and smash her face in. But I was glad he was there making her feel like shit. "Where were you last night?"

"I was out with a friend," she said. Her mother was standing behind her, watching.

"I'm going to need a little more information than that," he said, reaching for his notebook. "Can you tell me exactly where you were, the name of the friend you were with and at what time?"

"What's the problem, officer?" Sam's mother asked, visibly confused. Your daughter is a dumb bitch who can't take being rejected. I felt smug.

"My next door neighbour's property was vandalized last night, and there was a report that Samantha was in the area," dad said.

"What kind of vandalism?" Sam asked. She stared at me.

"Damage done to a vehicle," replied my dad. "And apparently, photos of this were posted online under one of your accounts? Instagram?"

"Samantha!" her mother gasped in shock. "Did you do this?"

"Nope, wasn't me," she said, taking out her iPhone in its pink case. "I'll show you right now." She began flipping through her Instagram, showing my dad.

"And if I were to get a warrant for Instagram to show me any of your deleted photos, I still wouldn't find anything?" he asked, staring her down. I don't even think he could actually do that. But it seemed to scare her. She put her phone back in her pocket and stepped farther back from the door. "Because when I got home last night, my neighbour and her boyfriend were washing smashed eggs off her car."

"Boyfriend?" Sam asked. She blinked several times and looked at me. I smirked behind my dad's shoulder. I still didn't want to believe it myself, but watching Sam squirm almost made up for it.

"I think it would be best if you came down to the station," my dad said.

"Oh my god," Sam's mom cried. "Is she being arrested?"

"You can follow me back to the station in your own vehicle, ma'am," said dad, pulling out his cuffs. It was mostly just for show, since Sam was a youth and vandalism wasn't exactly a serious crime.

"Do I need to use these?" he asked, glaring at Sam.

"No," she said, barely above a whisper.

He led her out to the cruiser in the driveway, helping her into the back, sitting behind the grate she looked like a trapped animal. I just kept staring at her with my smug smile and occasional smirk. Dumb bitch, who messes with a guy whose dad is a cop? What an idiot.

Dad gave the directions to the station to Sam's mom while Sam and I waited in my dad's car. "Sucks to be you," I said with a cold laugh.

"Don't you think this is a bit excessive? I mean, I knew you were a skeeze, but I didn't think you'd go running to your daddy."

"Shouldn't have fucked with me," I said simply. "Besides, I didn't have to. He came home and found Chantelle and her boyfriend cleaning the shit off her car. All I had to do was tell him you posted it on Insta, and he had enough for an arrest. And even though you deleted it like a little bitch, there's still screen shots circulating around."

"And since when does your neighbour have a boyfriend?" she asked.

"See, it just shows how little you know. You don't fucking know anything about me. I don't get why you can't just leave me the hell alone. I don't like you. I don't want you. I'm never going to let you suck my dick again, so whatever little psycho episode you're having, stay away from me and my friends."

She glared at me. She didn't say anything, then turned to look out the window.

"You act like you're too good for everyone but your cougar neighbour, and then you start using my friends to get back at me," she snarled.

"I'm not too good for everyone, Sam, I'm just too good for you. And you know, I was glad Mel clocked you last night. Some people need to be punched in the face, and you're one of them."

Dad came back and started the engine. We sat in silence all the way to the station. I continued searing my phone, trying to will Chan to call or text or get hold of me somehow.

At the station, Sam was charged with vandalism. I felt triumphant. Since she had already been causing trouble for me, and showing up at my house unannounced, my dad charged her to the highest level, which meant she would have to go to youth court unless she took a plea.

"I'd advise you to contact a lawyer," dad said to Sam's mom. "And keep a closer eye on your daughter. She has been bothering my son for quite some time, including showing up at my home. The next time I see her there, additional charges will be made."

"Samantha, you are grounded," her mother said as they were leaving the station. I held back a laugh.

Part of me was happy that Sam was in shit and finally got busted for being a fucking terrible human being. But the other half ... dead. So dead. I just refused to believe that Chantelle could possibly have a boyfriend. She wouldn't do that to me. She told me she loved me, and for the first time ever, I believed that a girl loved me the way you're supposed to love someone.

Fatigue was starting to set in, my body was finally giving out on me, even though my mind was still racing. "Dad, I need to go pass out for a few hours, I have hockey tonight."

We rode home in silence. When we pulled the truck into the driveway, before he cut the engine, I said, "Thanks, dad."

"No problem," he said. That was it. He followed me inside and I went straight to my room, flopped down on my bed and tried calling Chan again. Straight to voicemail again.

"Hey Chan, it's me. Um, my dad just went over to Sam's house and arrested her ... that's the girl who did ... she hates me. Anyway, my dad made her go down to the station in the cruiser and everything and she got charged. So, I don't think you need to worry about her anymore. But ... there's something I really need to talk to you about, so if you could call me as soon as you get this. I have hockey tonight, but I'll be done around 10, so maybe we can talk then?"

I lay my phone down on my chest, just in case she called and fell asleep. When I woke up a few hours later, I was on my stomach, my phone was on the floor and in a panic, I reached for it, worried I had missed her call, but there were just a bunch of texts and Facebook notifications.

"Dude, did you seriously get your dad to arrest Sam!?" Chris's message asked.

"Monty what happened to you last night," from Soupy.

"Mello just told me he saw on Twitter that your dad arrested Sam" from Sean.

And this one. "Hey man, just wanted to check on ya, don't have to hit me back if you're not feelin' it" from Mel. That was the only one I wanted to reply to.

"I think I'm dead," I wrote back to Mel. "Or at least I wish I was."