Chapter 1: Mistake

"I hereby declare Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi now synced," the judge proclaimed.

Hoseok cringed as the mallet hit the wooden surface, he looked over to Min Yoongi, who was clenching his jaw as he stormed out of the room.

Hoseok pulled his body out of the room, not ready to face what awaited him when he got home. As the feeling of dread starting to bubble up inside of him, he opened the door.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves aren't we? Let us go back to how this all started.

~<><><>~

Jung Hoseok, one of the nicest people in this poor excuse of a school. He cared for everyone and had the brightest smile of all time. He was friends with everybody. In this school he was pure sunshine, he ruled out the darkness of the place and made things more pleasant for everyone. Also, one of the most attractive guys in the school, with his built body, due to his dancing, and his killer black hair. No one ever saw Hoseok angry or sad, since he always had the brightest smile.

Making him a polar opposite to the one and only.

Min Yoongi, one of the most misunderstood people in this school. People rarely ever see Yoongi smile, and tended to stay away from him. He didn't have many friends and the ones that were close to him claimed he wasn't as bad as he looked on the outside. Yet, he was still able to attract people with his looks, others in the school liked the mystery of Min Yoongi. With his blonde hair, pale skin, and slender form. Yoongi made people remember where they were and they only saw Yoongi angry or just plain annoyed.

Those two tended to stay away from each other, when ever they brushed past they would give each other looks, the not so friendly kind. Hoseok would always think why is he so miserable? While Yoongi thought, how could someone be so happy all the time?

"Jung Hoseok the principal would like to see you," Mrs. Lee told the boy once he entered the classroom.

With a nervous smile, he bowed to her, walking out of the class and to the principals office. On the way Hoseok thought of anything wrong he has done, which only strengthened his anxiety.

All his worries soon disappeared, though, when his principal greeted him with a warm smile as he entered his office.

"Mr. Jung please take a seat, I have a favor to ask."

Hoseok sat down, "And what is this favor sir?"

"I need you to take a simple test for me, no questions asked," he stated, interlocking his fingers over the desk.

Hoseok laughed nervously, "Isn't that more of a demand, sir?"

"Doesn't matter, now here you go. Take it in the waiting area and hand it back to me once you're done," the principal gestured for Hoseok to get out, and he did.

Sitting in the waiting area Hoseok examined the 'test' he was supposed to be taking, it was odd that's for sure. With questions like "What would be your ideal date?" "What do you look for in a partner?"

While staring at the questions in disbelief, Hoseok heard the office door open to reveal non other than Min Yoongi.

Rolling his eyes at Hoseok he walked into the principals office, where is teacher had told him to go.

Not wanting to dwell on the fact Min Yoongi was there, Hoseok continued to answer the questions. That was until he heard the door to the principals office slam shut.

Coming out was an extremely annoyed Min Yoongi, holding what looked like a test. Yoongi sat down across from Hoseok, looking up the male found Hoseok staring at him.

"What are you staring at?" Yoongi rudely asked.

"Not you that's for sure," Hoseok shot back, equally as annoyed with the boy.

"Whatever you say Hoesuck," Yoongi mocked.

"Whatever YoonGay," Hoseok replied.

As Hoseok finished the test he walked into the principals office and put it on the desk, as he went to walk out he bumped straight into the infamous Min Yoongi.

"Watch it," Yoongi huffed before placing his own paper down and walking out.

The next day both boys didn't expect what was to come, this time they both got called to the office, at the same time.

Both boys sat impatiently in their seats, waiting for their principal to enter his office.

"Hello boys, nice to see you," the principal finally arrived, taking a seat at his desk.

"Hello sir" Hoseok respectfully greeted,  Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Why are we here?" Yoongi asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Do you both remember the test you took yesterday?"

They both nodded.

"And do you know what Synesthesia or syncing is?"

They nodded again, of course they knew what synesthesia was, its what they were taught and needed to know about.

In the world they live in you are synced to your true love, you will feel everything they feel, literally every emotion, their pain, you will feel everything. If your partner is crying, your cheeks will feel damp. If your partner is sad, a part of you will feel sad; no matter how far apart you are from them.

Syncing was always natural, until now.

"Well the government wanted to try something, those tests determined if you would be synced to one another. A new way of artificially syncing two lovers," the principal explained, "And the results were magnificent, you both passed with flying colors having many many things in common and describing each other for what you wanted in a partner."

"WHAT?" both boys shouted in unison.

"You aren't the only ones, many other places are doing it and even students within your own school participated," the man spoke, attempting to appease the men in front of him.

"I DID NOT DESCRIBE A PRICK AS MY PARTNER, AND ESPECIALLY NOT A GUY!" Hoseok yelled, standing up.

To be honest, Hoseok preferred guys , but his step-father surely didn't.

"I DIDN'T DESCRIBE A HAPPY FREAK!" Yoongi yelled getting up as well, "This is a mistake!"

"Boys, results are results and you will be synced. A black SUV is waiting outside, you either go willingly or are dragged there," the Principal sternly stated.

"I'M NOT MOVING!" both boys yelled once again in unison , looking at each other oddly, firm glares present on both their faces.

"Have it your way then."

The doors to the office swung open, two huge security guards grabbed both boys, dragging them, but it wasn't going to be so easy.

Yoongi kicked and punched, hitting one of them square in the face. The guard became sick of it and injected Yoongi with something that made him pass out almost instantly.

Hoseok eventually being injected with the same thing.