Chapter 60

"Madam Promfrey is there a spell? One to bring her back?" George Weasley asks. The nurse shakes her head. "The only ones are dark magic. Very dark Mr. Weasley." She replies, hurrying around to injured students. "I don't care! I'll do it!"
Madam Pomfrey turns to the young man, unsure of what to do. "It's in the restricted section. Third shelf, second row up." She regretted telling him immediately but she knows he would injure himself trying to bring her back. At least both of them might live like this.
    George Weasley searches for the book that might bring her back. He's flipping through his third book when he finds it. A resurrection spell. It's highly illegal but he doesn't care. He needs her.
    He reads over the spell and what it entails. It's fairly simple but he now sees why it's illegal. In order for this to work he will need to give up half of his soul to her. It has to be willingly.
    He's nervous but it's going to be worth it. He would give up all his air if it meant she could breathe. It's only half of his soul. It'll always be near to him anyway. They'll really be soulmates after this.
    Her family and friends are still in the same spot. They look up in confusion as he approaches with the book in his hand. His words shock them all. "I found a spell that may be able to bring her back."
    Regulus is the first to step forward. There is so much doubt in his mind. "Any spell like that must be highly illegal George," he frowns. Kneeling down beside his love, he looks up at Regulus. "I once heard that all is fair in love and war. In this case, it's both."
    The book is turned to the right page and he just wants to do the spell. His mother is yelling and so is Regulus. Fred kneels down beside his brother and places a hand on his shoulder. "She wouldn't want this Georgie."
    "She would want to come back to us," George says. Fred shakes his head in reply. "She's with her mum now Georgie. Remus and Tonks too." Fresh tears leave George's eyes as he persists.

    "She wouldn't want to leave us like this."

    "Georgie she gave up her life willingly to save us."

    "She wouldn't want us to hurt like this."

    "What is this spell really?"

    "I have to give up half my soul for her."

    Fred gasps but nods before standing back up. He's going to let George do it. He'll be lost without Annabella. She's his best friend.
    "dimidium mihi anima tua," George whispers, waving his wand in the motions the book instructs. There is a strong glow and George swears he sees her chest rise and fall before a strong pain hits him and he cries out.
    He clutches his chest as the intensity of the pain increases. It feels like part of him is being ripped away. He's aware of noise around him but it's all muffled. He yells out as the pain continues.
    It'll be worth it, he thinks. If she'll just come back to me. The pain continues to crescendo until it reaches its maximum and it's worse than anything George has ever felt in his entire life. He yells again and he feels something being torn away from him before it's over.
    He collapses onto his back, breathing heavily. People are crouched down beside him, trying to make sure he's okay. Dark magic is a dangerous thing and one wrong move can kill you.
    Everyone is wondering if using this magic has permanently affected George. Has he done something to himself? Ginny however, is staring at Annabella with tears falling down her face is rivulets. She can't believe it.
    It didn't work. Her best friend is still just lying there, cold. Ginny falls to her knees with a sob for the second time and clutches Annabella. "I'm so sorry!" She cries. "I'm sorry for the times I was horrible to you! I'm sorry!" She's screaming now.
    Molly is trying to pull her daughter up but Ginny can't be bothered. What's the point? She had hoped that Annabella would come back. Something definitely happened with George. He was screaming.
    Regulus didn't think it would work. He had hoped like everyone else, but he knew deep down that his daughter would remain dead. She would never breathe in the summer air that she loved so much. He would never walk her down the isle. Regulus isn't stupid. He sees the ring on his daughter's finger.
    Harry was certain it would work. His eyes meet Draco's and they walk out together. Harry knows what he must do to avenge people like his cousin. He must die. In front of the broken Hogwarts, he extends his hand toward Draco. They shake hands and then part ways, both with a tear stained face.
    Fred is crying harder than ever. He thought it would work. Surely something had happened when his brother was nearly torn apart. There was a glowing and everything! What had gone wrong? Why had this happened to the one who didn't deserve it? Fred should have been killed and he knows it. He'll never forgive himself.
    George looks over at Annabella who still isn't breathing. He begins to sob again. He had done everything. He had given up half of his soul for her! Surely she had to be alive. Maybe he should try again?
    He knew he shouldn't. Half of his soul was gone, he could feel it. What would happen if he gave up the over half? Would he die? It didn't matter because Fred kicked the book closed and set it on fire with his wand. "That was stupid."
    George holds her hand, wishing the spell had gone right. He didn't blame Fred. Bella made a choice in those few seconds she had. It wasn't Fred's fault. If only George knew what was happening inside Annabella's mind.