Chapter 16

October comes quickly. My roommates and I have grown closer. They're cold on the exterior, but they're actually kind.
On the day the other schools are set to arrive, everyone is waiting outside of the school. Beauxbatons arrives in a beautiful carriage carried by equally beautiful flying horses. Durmstrang however, arrives in a boat that appears out of the black lake. To my uttermost surprise, Viktor Krum steps out of the boat. "Wow." I say.
That night at the feast, Dumbledore explains that those above seventeen will put their name in the Goblet of Fire, which will pick one person from each school to compete tomorrow.
The next twenty-four hours pass very slowly. I convinced George not to use an aging potion, because we've been studying age lines in class, and there isn't a way to get past them.
Halloween night, the Goblet spits out three names. From Beauxbatons, Fleur Delacour, from Durmstrang, Viktor Krum, and from Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory. Everyone is cheering and clapping, until another name comes out of the Goblet. "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yells. No. Oh no. Harry walks up through the door as Dumbledore instructed the champions to. This will not end well.
Before I can catch up to Harry, Ginny walks up to me. A beautiful girl is with her. She has dark blue, piercing eyes. Her hair is a beautiful blonde and flowing beautifully. It wouldn't surprise me if she was part veela. "Bella, this is Jenna. She came with Beauxbatons today, but she's joining Hogwarts. She's in our year, and in Gryffindor. "Hello. It's very nice to meet you." I smile. She grins, making her even more beautiful. I'm envious of her beauty. "It is so nice to meet you! You are very beautiful, no?" She says. I blush. "Thank you, but I certainly don't hold a candle to you." I say. She laughs, and even her laugh is beautiful. It sounds like twinkling bells. "It is I who cannot hold the candle to you. Where I come from, all the girls look like this. You however, you are amazing. Beauty unlike any other girl we have." She says. George comes up and wraps an arm around my waist. "She is beautiful, isn't she?" He says, making me blush.
Harry is being forced to compete. I know he wouldn't put his own name in. He hates attention. He wouldn't ask for more of it!
The first task approaches quickly. The first task is dragons. It happens on November twentieth. I'm so nervous for Harry. He got a Hungarian Horntail, the most hostile of the bunch. He does good though. He summons his broom, and although quite chaotic and dragon trainers have to rush to the escaped dragon, Harry gets his golden egg, which only makes a screeching noise.
After the first task, preparations for the Yule Ball begin. Mum sent me money for a dress, but George hasn't asked me yet. Surely he will, right? I need to get a dress. I've had my eye on one in Hogsmede for weeks! I don't want to buy it yet though, because George hasn't asked me! Only fourth years and above can go unless someone from an older year asks you.
A few weeks before the Christmas holidays, I can't take it anymore. We're sitting by the black lake, and I look over at George and ask him a very important question. "Are you planning on going to the Yule Ball?" I ask. He looks over at me. "Well yeah. I have everything I need. Dress robes, and I can dance." He says. I sigh. "What? Did I forget something?" He asks. "Oh, no. Just thought you might want someone to dance with." I say. George smacks his palm to his forehead. "I'm so sorry. Bells, would you please accompany me to the Yule Ball?" He asks. "I'd be honored!" I reply.
That weekend, I rush to Hogsmede to get the dress I wanted. It's beautiful. Gold and white. It comes to my waist and then flows, touching the floor.

 It comes to my waist and then flows, touching the floor

Finally, I'm ready for the night of the ball. Fred is taking Angelina. I think they're a good match. I'll get ready with Alicia, Lila, and Allie before going to meet George. I can't wait until Christmas night!