Chapter 4

Lunch comes quickly, and while I eat with Draco, I notice Harry giving me odd looks. "What's up?" I ask him after dinner. He sighs and runs a hand through his already messy hair. "I know being sorted into Slytherin is hard for you, but you don't have to take it out on everybody else," He says. "Excuse me?" I reply. "Ginny told us what you did Annabella," He says.
    "She bullied me! She's awful!" I exclaim. "Wow Annabella, Now lying? I actually thought you were different from other Slytherins," Harry says and walks away.
    Slowly, I walk out of the Great Hall, where I begin to cry. Tears trail down my cheeks as I walk to my dormitory. I grab a piece of parchment and a quil and begin to write a letter to Mum and Dad.
Dear Mum and Dad,
I was sorted into Slytherin, and the only bad part is the judging. Ginny Weasley keeps calling Dad a death eater and continues to bully and lie about me. Harry believes her, and now he hates me. He said "I thought you were different from other Slytherins." How could he say that? Draco has been kind enough to help point me in the right directions, so that's good. I love Uncle Sev's class. Owl me back as soon as possible. I love you.
-Annabella

    I walk up to send my letter, and see two familiar twins. "You!" They shout. Then I see the resemblance. Weasleys, great. I prepare myself to be hexed or at least screamed at, but they crouch down to my height, since I'm pretty short.
"Our sister was lying, wasn't she?" One of them says. Slowly, I nod my head. "She hates Slytherins, and she's jealous of the time you spend with Harry. She fancies him," The other said, wiggling his eyebrows. I giggle.
    "By the way, I'm Fred and this is George," Says one twin pointing to the other. "I'm Annabella, but I prefer Bella," I reply. "Do you know anything about wizard's chess?" George asks. "I'm the best in my family," I reply. "Well let's play then," Fred responds.
    An hour and six games later, Fred and George sit back, amazed. "How did you get that good?" George asks. "My dad taught me." I shrug. "But we're the best at Hogwarts!' Fred exclaims. "Obviously not anymore," I smirk. "You seem mischievous," George says with a smile. "We like you," The twins say together.
    The next day after classes, my owl Storm brings me a letter.
Dear Anna,
Congratulations on not being sorted into Hufflepuff! Your mum has been quite busy with work, so I decided to reply to your letter. Some of the Weasleys aren't known for being the nicest, love. Bullies are a part of life. Don't worry about her saying anything about me, although thank you for loving me enough to stand up for me. I know she's probably also said some other nasty things, and I've owled Severus, who I'm sure will take care of it.
    As for Harry, he'll come around I'm sure. I've owled him too though. Darling, everything will work out in the end. You'll adjust, and the Weasley will get tired of being mean. I already can't wait to see you during the Christmas holidays. I love you so much. Don't let anybody hurt my little girl. You're to special for that.
Love,
Dad.
    Nearly two months pass by, and Harry hasn't said a word to me, despite my many attempts. I always see Ginny hanging around he and Ron. She hasn't stopped bullying me about my dad, my looks, my weight, and now Harry. Draco can tell something's wrong, but I haven't told him what. The Weasley twins however, can guess.
    We've grown closer, and they're my best friends, despite being three years ahead of me. I've taught them some secrets of wizard's chess, and in return, they've let me help them with pranks, and they've taken me into Hogsmede through a secret passage.
    On Halloween, the twins and I are walking out of the Great Hall when we hear a commotion from upstairs. We hurry to the sound, when we see students gathered around something. We fight our way through, and when we see what everyone is looking at, I grab George's hand in shock.
    Harry, Ron, and Hermione are standing beside Mrs. Norris, who's hanging from a wall, looking dead. "Harry!" I gasp, and he turns to look at me. For the first time in two months, he shows emotion towards me. At first I think it's guilt, but then I see it's fear. He begins to walk towards me, but I take a step back, afraid. Mrs. Norris was a mostly innocent cat. If he hurt her, will he hurt me too? "Bell! I didn't do it! You believe me right?" He asks. Everyone is watching us.
    "I don't know what I believe, considering you haven't talked to me in two months!" I snap. He backs up, and looks as though I've slapped him. "Leave him alone!" Ginny yells, appearing out of nowhere. "Since when do you control what I say to my cousin?" I fire back. "Since you abandoned him!" She exclaims. "You liar! You lied to him and made him hate me!" I retort. "Who's the liar again?" She asks with a smirk. I launch myself at her, only to be held back by the twins. "It's okay, come on Bella, let's go," George whispers, and they pull me away from everyone.
    Fred and George pull me into a small room behind a tapestry, where I sink down against a wall and begin to cry. "Don't cry," George says, pulling me into his arms. "Harry hates me!" I sob. "No he doesn't'" Fred says, crouching down beside George and patting my back. The way they're comforting me, I see it now. They think I'm a child. They're fourteen, and I'm eleven, so they think I'm a child. That's why they've been hanging out with me. We're not friends, they're teenagers trying to help a child.
    I stand up suddenly. "I'm not a child who needs your pity," I say wiping my eyes. "That's not how we see you Bells. You're mature for your age," George assures me. "So you don't see me as a little kid?" I ask. "Of course not," Fred replies. "We solemnly swear," They say together.