Chapter 47

The next day, I'm so excited about George and I going out. My parents are nervous, as they don't really want me to  go because they're afraid, but we're just going to eat dinner.
Ginny helps me get ready. "How do you want to do your hair?" She asks. I don't reply for a moment, thinking. "It's hardly ever curly," I tell her. She nods and pulls out her curling wand. "Dad got this for me," she explains. "It's a hassle though. I've burnt myself a lot." I laugh as Ginny sections off my hair.
"My brother loves you," Ginny tells me. I giggle a bit. "I sure hope so Gin. It'll be what, five years in a few months?" I ask. Ginny laughs with me. "Yeah but I don't know if you see how much he loves you. He would do anything for you," Ginny explains. I roll my eyes as Ginny curls another piece of hair. "I would do anything for him Ginny. I love him." Ginny smiles as she lets the curl bounce. "I know."
After my hair is curled, Ginny wants to do my makeup. She loves doing that kind of thing. "No point in lipstick," she says, causing me to blush. "Well there's not!" She laughs.
"Can I ask you something?" Ginny asks. "Sure. What is it?" I ask. "Did you ever really forgive George for hitting you on New Years?" She replies. I think for a moment. "Ginny, I really love him, so yes I did forgive him. Why? Did something happen with Dean?" I ask. Ginny rubs her arm nervously.
"Ginny?" I prompt her. "You mustn't tell anyone," she finally responds, closing the door. "I won't," I reply. "We were both angry. I was leaving and he grabbed my arm. It wasn't bad or anything, just a little rough. He apologized for it and I said I forgave him. I still don't know what I think though," she says. "Ginny, it's whatever you think," I tell her. "If you truly think he deserves your forgiveness, then give it to him."
Lastly, we have to pick out my outfit. "Hey Ginny?" I ask after laying out a pair of jeans shorts. "Yeah?" She asks in reply. "Can I borrow that white shirt with the lace on the collar?" I ask her. Nodding, she pulls it from her closet. It has thin sleeves, just covering the tops of my shoulders. It has a high neckline, but it's mostly lace. "Thanks Ginny!" I say. She gives me finger guns in response.
George comes to pick me up that evening. After greeting everyone, he takes my arm and apperates, leaving my head spinning. When I look up, we're in the twins' apartment. "What are we doing here?" I ask, puzzled. George smiles. "Fred's at Alicia's and I made us dinner," he responds. "Oh yeah Georgie. I'm sure my mum would be thrilled that I'm alone with my boyfriend in his apartment," I laugh. "She doesn't have to know," he replies.
George can apparently cook. Dinner is pasta and side salad. All through dinner, George and I are laughing and talking. We haven't really been alone together in a while. After dinner, we sit on the couch. The dishes are doing themselves and George is holding me in his arms.
"I'm going to miss you," he says to me. "I'll miss you too," I reply to him. "Only a few more years, huh?" George asks. "Merlin Georgie you're old," I joke. "Say that again," he says. "You're old," I repeat. George turns us so I'm laying on the couch. Then he tickles me.
"George! Stop!" I squeal. "Take it back!" He exclaims. "No I won't!" I reply to him.
"Yes."
"No."
"You're going to take it back."
"Oh yeah? Make me!"
George stops tickling me, his hands on my waist. "George you've made me all sweaty. What will Mum think we were-" My words are interrupted when George kisses me. I laugh against his mouth and pull him closer to me. George pulls away too soon for my liking. "Take it back," he demands. "I think I might need some more persuasion," I tell him. "I think that can be arranged."
Georgie kisses me again, but briefly. He then trails the kisses down to my neck, making me giggle because he does it so lightly it tickles. This goes on for a bit, just whispers of kisses. "Alright I take it back!" I finally say. Smiling, George presses his lips to mine.
George tangles his fingers in my long black hair and I trail mine up and down his back. When I slip my hands under his shirt, he jumps. "Your hands are always cold," he laughs. He kisses me over and over, and I never want him to stop. His lips move against mine quickly, like he's in a rush.
We're so tuned out to the world that we don't notice anyone in the room until Fred lets out a yell. "I did not need to see that!" He shouts, shutting the door again. "We all know it's not as bad as what you're doing with Alicia!" I call. Muffled laughter comes from the other side of the door. "Is everyone decent?" Fred asks, cracking the door. "We were decent before!" George says. Fred comes in laughing and slips to his room.
"I'm supposed to have you home in fifteen minutes," George says, glancing at his watch. "That's too early," I pout. George rolls his eyes and puts an arm around me. "Do you think you'll move in here after school?" George asks me. "I don't know Georgie. I haven't really thought that far ahead," I explain. "I'm always thinking of my future with you," George says. "I just know I want a future with you," I tell him.
"I'm scarred of the future," I tell him. "Because of the war?" He asks me. "Partly. I'm also afraid because it's so uncertain. You're so much older than me," I say. "Bells that doesn't matter," George explains. "Yeah but Mum and I have had this talk," I say to him. "What if you want to do certain things and I don't?" George laughs at me, but I'm not laughing. I'm blushing like crazy actually. "Do you really think I would pressure you into something like that?" He asks, now looking a little hurt.
"It was just a talk Mum and I had," I assure him. "You want to bring it up to me though? I thought you trusted me more than that Bells," he says. "I do trust you Georgie. It was just an example!" I exclaim, a bit annoyed. "Yeah, an example of what you think could happen. You think I'm going to pressure you into doing something like that with me?" George demands. "If you were listening to me you'd know that's not what I'm saying!"
"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks me. "It means you have selective hearing!" I say. George raises his voice a bit. "I do not! I know exactly what you said!" I shake my head. "Obviously not. If you did, you'd know that it was just something my mum wanted to talk about!"
"Oi! Can you two keep your arguments to yourselves?" Fred shouts. "Don't worry, I'm going home!" I shout in reply. "Goodnight Fred." I turn to George. "Night Georgie," I tell him, stepping into their fireplace.