Chapter 2

As the green and silver table starts cheering, I sit on the stool in shock. I know my father was a Slytherin, but I didn't want to be in his house! How could this happen? I look over to the Slytherin table and see my cousin Draco clapping with a smirk on his face. We're kind of close I suppose. According to Father, I need to be close with my family, a luxury he didn't have.
    I look over at Harry to see him staring at me with a look of disappointment. That's all it takes for me to start bawling. Everyone's staring at me like I'm crazy, and the embarrassment only makes me cry harder. Harry is by me in an instant, holding me. "It's okay," He says. "I'm sorry!" I sob.     
    "Don't be sorry, Bell. It's not your fault," Harry comforts me. Then I hear a cold voice. "I'll take her from here, Potter," Draco says. "It's only because you're a Slytherin, Malfoy," Harry says. "Just like she is," Draco retorts. "S-Stop it," I stammer. "Okay. I'll see you later," Harry says before walking away.
    Draco instantly drops the cold exterior and becomes a caring cousin. "Are you okay?" He asks softly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and leading me over to the Slytherin table.
    "Move over Pansy," Draco says to an ugly girl sitting in the seat beside his. "Don't you want to sit by me instead of this stupid first year Drakeypoo?" She asks. Draco gives her an icy glare. "No Pansy. I'd rather sit by my cousin, who is obviously upset," Draco spits at her. "Wow. I never knew you were such a softie," Blaise Zambini says, obviously kidding. "Shut up Blaise," Draco replies with a chuckle.
    After the feast, I run up to Harry, who's walking away with Ron, Hermione, And Ginny. Ginny looks disgusted when she sees me coming, and Hermione is close. "Slytherin's need to be going to their dormitories!" A boy with a perfect badge tells me. "Lay off her Percy. She's practically Harry's sister," Ron says.
    "No, I agree with Percy. Slither back to your dormitory. Snakes like cold, dark places right? The dungeon will be perfect!" Ginny says meanly. "Don't speak to her like that!" Harry defends me. "Ginny's right Harry, although she did it in a rude way. Annabella should get used to not seeing you all the time," Hermione says.
    "She was just sorted into a house that her father hated, and that her whole family hated. I think I can talk to her for a few minutes. Ron, take Ginny and Hermione up to the common room." Harry says.
    As soon as the hall empties, I fall into Harry. "Does being in Slytherin make me a bad person?" I ask. "Of course not," Harry replies. "I've known you for eleven years, and nothing has changed." I smile despite my sadness. "Thanks Harry. Love you," I say. "Love you too Bell," He says before I walk over to Draco, who's waiting for me at the end of the hall.
    "Don't worry Bells. They say Slytherin is a terrible house, but it's that idea that changes the people," He says, showing me the common room. "Thanks Drake," I say. "Anything for my favorite cousin," Draco replies before walking into the boys' dormitory.