Chapter 27

I dread the idea of going back to Hogwarts. I mean, I absolutely love Hogwarts itself but this is Fred and George's last year. I know Hogwarts won't be the same without them. Then I'm going to have to survive a year without Harry and Draco, and then I'm an adult and then I start a job and maybe even a family. Luckily summer isn't over yet.
Remus and I did make cookies for the order meeting. They insult everyone who tries to eat them. They were good cookies though, so everyone was eating them fast. Everyone was laughing, even Dumbledore.
That night after everyone's gone to bed, I can't sleep, afraid of nightmares. I slip downstairs to get some tea and see Tonks sitting at the table, her hair is brown. "What's wrong Tonks?" I ask, sitting down next to her. I see tear tracks down her face. "I told Remus I was in love with him." She says. "And he said that he loved me back, but he was too old, too poor, and a werewolf." She says, laying her head on my shoulder. "I told him I didn't care, but he said he did. I love him and he doesn't even care!" She sobs. I wrap my arms around her. "It's okay Tonks. You now Remus. He'll come around." I say. She shakes her head. "I don't think he will Bella." She says. I know what a broken heart feels like, and I'm sad for her. My heart breaks for my cousin and Remus, who love each other but won't get together.
Tonks wipes her eyes and then jumps in surprise. "Bella!" She exclaims. "What?" I ask. "Your hair!" Tonks says with a small smile. I grab a lock of my hair and pull it around to see it's blonde. "What the heck?" I almost yell. "You and I are cousins. Being a metamorphagus runs in families. But if it's distant, sometimes it doesn't kick in until hormones start." She says excitedly. "So you're saying I'm like you?" I ask. She nods. I smirk. "We can have some fun with this." I say.
The next morning, I lock the door to my room until Tonks comes up. She helps me get ready and teaches me how to change my appearance. "Ready for breakfast?" She asks. "Ready." I laugh.
Tonks lent me some clothes and shoes she used for auror training. I step into the kitchen and everyone freezes, including Tonks, who gives me a wink. We changed my hair to very short and electric blue. My clothes are washed out jeans with a shirt for a muggle rock band. I made my face very pale and applied black lipstick. "Bella?" My mum asks. "What Mum?" I asked like I'm annoyed. "What did you do?" She asks. I shrug. "I was sick of being me." I say. "Why?" My mum asks. "Because I wanted to show who I was on the inside." I say. Tonks smiles, then speaks. "If Bella wants to experiment with looks, I don't see why she shouldn't." She shrugs. My dad stands up. "No. Absolutely not." He says. Fred and George are still standing behind him, frozen. "Well what do you want me to look like?" I ask, fake angry. "Like this?" I ask, quickly changing my hair to waist length and pink. Everyone drops their jaws in surprise except Tonks. "Or this?" I ask, changing my hair to shoulder length and purple. "How about this?" I ask, changing back to normal and sitting down to eat pancakes beside Tonks, who high-fives me and laughs. Sirius and Remus begin to laugh next, and then everyone joins in. "When did you find out you could do that?" Mum asks. "Last night." I shrug. "That was brilliant." Remus says.
We didn't have to clean that day, so I go upstairs and experiment with different looks. Finally I change my hair to dirty blonde and my eyes to green, and then lay on my bed. A few minutes later, someone else lays down and wraps their arms around me. "You're beautiful no matter what you look like, Love." George says. "Thanks George. Although I don't believe that's true." I say. "You've always been beautiful." George says. "I love you." I tell him. "I love you more." He says. "No." I say. "Yes." He replies.
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes." George says before kissing me. While we're kissing, I decide to have some fun and quickly configure my face into Sev's. When George opens his eyes, he starts screaming and falls off the bed. I change my face back. Then I start laughing really hard and I don't stop. It's hilarious and I laugh so hard tears come out of my eyes and I fall off the bed, right onto George. "I'm sorry but that was hilarious." I say, rolling off him. "No it wasn't." He says, laying next to me. "Yes it was." I say. "No. It. Wasn't." George says, pecking my lips in between words. "Yes. It. Was." I say, pecking his neck in between words. "I like the kissing part of this argument, not the making fun of me part." He sulks. "I'm sorry." I say, putting my face over his, closing the distance until our noses are nearly touching. He goes to close the distance between us, but I whisper "Not." And take off running. "You're not getting away that easily!" George yells, getting up and chasing me. "Catch me if you can." I yell. "I will!" George replies from behind me.