Chapter 28

I tear up the stairs, run into an empty room, and close the door. I turn around and see George right in front of me. He backs me against the door and plants his hands on my waist. "Apperation, Love." He whispers. "Should've thought of that." I reply. George leans in, pinning me against the wall. His lips brush mine softly, just a whisper of a kiss. Then he leans in for a real kiss. Just before his lips touch mine however, a voice calls out. "Bells! Georgie!" Fred calls. We ignore him, and just as we kiss, Fred apperates in, accidently bumping a wardrobe. Something jumps out of it. My mother stands before me. "You'll never be as great as Harry." She says. "He's saved people. What have you done?" My father asks, appearing. Then George appears. "You're so dumb to think I could love you." He scoffs. I know the real George has his arms around my waist, but my brain doesn't register it. Then Voldemort stands in front of me. "You belong with them. You don't deserve to live." He hisses. Everyone I've ever loved is laying on the floor, dead. "I know!" I sob, sinking to my knees. "I know how awful I am!" I cry. My mother is back. "You'll never amount to Harry. He's the child we wished for." She says harshly. George pushes himself in front of me. My mother transforms into myself, choking on the ground. "No!" George cries out. The fake's face is turning purple. "I don't love you." It says, then flops it's head down, looking like a dead me. "No! Please!" George cries out, pulling out his wand. He tries to cry out the spell, but he can't. He's crying as well, and then Fred reappears with Tonks. She takes in the sight and pulls out her wand. The boggart changes into Remus. "You're unlovable." He snarls. Fred drags us out of the room. I'm trembling and sobbing uncontrollably, while George has a few tears on his cheeks. Fred picks me up and carries me to my room. George follows silently. Fred lays me onto my bed, and George lays beside me and presses his face against my hair, breathing it in. "It's okay guys. It was just a boggart." Fred tells us, looking a bit shaken himself. "I'll never amount to what Harry's done. That was true." I say, my voice hollow. "You're amazing in your own way. Not everyone can save lives like Harry. But you have saved people." Fred says. "How?" I demand. "Love." George replies in a whisper. Fred nods. "That's true." He says. I turn and bury my face in George's chest. "I love you guys." I mumble. "Love you too." The say at the same time.
That night, I have the nightmare again. Except this time, my parents have joined Voldemort. And they're laughing. No matter how I cry or plead, no mercy is shown. I'm waken up by George, who pulls me closer and mumbles sweet things into my ear until sleep comes again.
The next week, a party is thrown for my birthday. Molly and Mum made me a chocolate cake, which is my favorite. Mum and Dad got me another muggle book, Fred got me some of his and George's inventions. Harry got me a box of candy, Ginny even got me a book. It's about a muggle and a Pureblood who fall in love. Remus got me a new cookbook full of prank recipes. The party lasts until late at night, and I head upstairs, exhausted.
As soon as I get upstairs, I hear a tapping on the window. I open it to reveal an owl I know well. Draco's. A small package and letter is tied to It's leg. I gently take it and open the package. Inside is a new charm for my bracelet. It's an infinity sign made from silver. Knowing Draco, it's probably real. I open the letter next.
Dear Bell,
It was risky to send you this letter but I knew I couldn't ignore your birthday. I miss you, but it's too dangerous for both of us. Someday this will all be over. I promise. Be strong. Be brave. I don't care what the sorting hat said, you're Gryffindor to the core. I'm going to explain everything here. The Dark Lord can enter people's minds. If he knew how much I cared for you, he'd kill you. I don't know much, but he might try anyway because of your parents. There's a war coming. If it kills me, you'll be safe. You're the only person who's ever really cared about me. I love you Bell. The infinity sign represents how no matter what happens in life, we'll always be family, and we'll always have each other. Forever.
Love forever,
-DM
By the time I finish the letter, I'm in tears. There's a soft knock on my door. "Come in." I say, trying to steady my voice. My mum walks in. "What's wrong?" She asks immediately. I hand her the letter wordlessly. She reads it and sighs. "I've told you most of my story, but did I left out a part. For most of my teens, your father had to pretend to hate me because he was in the same situation Draco is." She says. "Really?" I ask. She nods. "I got my happy ending. I'm sure you'll get yours." She says, then walks out. "George has his present for you. I'll send him up." She says.
A few minutes later, George comes upstairs a minute later. "Happy birthday, Love." He says, sitting on the bed beside me. "Thanks." I smile. "Your mum told me about the letter." George says. I nod. "He's only doing what he thinks is best." I say, leaning my head on his shoulder. "As long as it's keeping you safe." He says. "I have your present." I sit up, grinning. George hands me a small velvet box. I open it and inside is a gold ring with "Infinitely." Engraved on the outside. "It's a promise ring." He explains. "I love it!" I gasp, hugging him. "I haven't even explained what I'm promising." He replies. I look at him expectantly. "I promise that I'll never purposely hurt you. Like the outside of the ring says, Infinitely. That's how much I love you. And one day, I promise to replace that ring with a diamond one." He says. A tear slips down my cheek. "I love you so much." We whisper at the same time, then laugh. "Forever?" I ask, laying down. "Forever." George replies, holding my hand.

I'm sorry it took so long guys! I wasn't feeling it!