Chapter 25

Before long, the final task is upon us. It's a giant maze, with a variety of obstacles and creatures inside. Harry and Cedric go in first, since they're tied for first place. Krum is next, and Fleur is last.
We sit for a while, but Moody comes over to where I'm sitting with Fred and George. "Mrs. Black, please come with me." He says. "Why?" I ask him. " Just do it!" He says, so I jump up and walk behind him, shooting nervous looks at Fred and George. "Dumbledore made an exception for me. I can apperate in and out of Hogwarts grounds." He says. I nod. "That could be very useful." I say. Moody smiles. "It's about to be." He grabs me and he's taking me who knows where. Finally, I land on the cold ground. "Bella!" I hear Harry call. I look up to see him across a graveyard, standing with Cedric, wands drawn. I run over to him. "Kill the spare." A voice hisses, and Peter Pettigrew raises his wand. Just like that, Cedric is laying dead at our feet. "No!" I cry. Harry and I are then trapped. We're held to a gravestone by the grim reapers scythe. Peter finishes making a potion. "Bones of the father." He says, raising bones from right beneath our feet. "Flesh of the servant, willingly given!" He exclaims, actually cutting off his hand and throwing it into the potion. "Blood of the enemy, forcefully taken!" He says, using a knife to cut Harry, and putting his blood in the potion. Then he drops what looks like a small, ugly baby in the potion. What appears however, is none other than Voldemort. "Harry Potter, Annabella Black." He says. "What do you want?" I scream angrily. Harry slaps me on the arm, clearly telling me to be quiet. "Your deaths." He says. "I will kill both of you." He sneers. He goes over to Peter, who has a new metal hand, and uses his wand to push his dark mark. All around, death eater after death eater appears. I notice that one has very familiar platinum blonde hair. But it couldn't be.
Voldemort scolds the death eaters for not finding him because they believed he was dead. One by one, he removes their masks. And when the one death eater I've been watching mask is removed, I nearly scream. Lucius Malfoy stands there. "No!" I moan into Harry's shoulder. Uncle Lucy glances over at me, seeing the tears trailing down my face. "We're going to die Harry! We're going to die and Mum and Dad won't know where to find us and nobody will ever know!" I whisper panic. "Shh. We won't die Bell." He says. "This is why I wasn't in Gryffindor Harry. I'm not brave like you." I whisper. "You are brave Bell. If you can make it through tonight, you'll be one of the bravest." Harry says. "Thanks." I say. "No problem." He replies.
Voldemort turns to us. "One of my death eaters tells me you're fond of the crucio curse." He says. My mouth goes dry. The scythe is removed, but then put back when I fall to the ground, retrapping Harry. Voldemort points his wand at me. "A waste of a perfectly good Pureblood. Crucio!" The burning knives are back, piercing my skin. I'm sure my screams are echoing through the night air. It goes on for what seems like forever. Finally, it stops. "Your father was a filthy traitor!" Voldemort exclaims. "My father was a hero!" I scream. Voldemort narrows his red eyes and hisses another spell. Memories flow through my head.
George, Fred, and I on my birthday.
The first time we said we loved each other.
My birthday at Malfoy Manor not too long ago.
Draco and I hanging out.
Making cookies with Remus.
George and Angelina at the Yule Ball.
Blaise hitting me over and over.
Then I'm laying on the cold ground again, gasping for breath. "Weasleys. Easy enough to kill." Voldemort says, eyes glinting. "No!" I cry. Voldemort raises his wand towards me again. "Stop!" Harry yells. "Please stop." Voldemort smirks. "You'd take it for her?" He asks. Harry nods. Voldemort rolls his wand in his hands. "I'll duel you. If I win, I'll torture you both until you beg for death. If you win, you die now, without any torture." He says, removing the scythe. Harry picks up his wand. I stand shakily, drawing my wand as well. Voldemort cries a spell I didn't hear as Harry yells "Expelliarmus!" Brilliant lights flash, and Harry pushes me behind him. Ghost like figures begin crawling out of Voldemort's wand. Uncle James, Aunt Lily, Cedric, some old dude. "We'll hold him off for as long as possible." Lily says. "When we tell you to let go, get to the port key." James says. "Please take my body back." Cedric says. "We're so proud." Lily says. "Of you both." James adds, making me smile. Harry grabs my hand with his free one. "Ready?" He asks. I nod. "Now!" James says. Harry lets go or the spell and we start to run, trying to get to Cedric's body. "Accio!" Harry cries when we get there. The cup hurdles towards us, and we grab onto it. "How did you get there?" Harry asks. "Moody! He's a bad guy!" I reply.
We crash onto the ground at the quidditch pitch, and cheering starts but quickly fades. Now that it's over, tremors run through me. "It's okay now Bell. It's over." Harry says. Suddenly, something hits me. "Mum and Dad!" I exclaim. " You calm down, I'll go get them." Harry says as Dumbledore approaches. "Where's Moody?" I ask. "On his way back from patrolling the maze. Why do you ask?" Dumbledore says. "He apperated me to Voldemort! He's back!" I scream. Harry nods. "We saw him return, Professor." Harry says. Draco is the next to reach us. I scramble away. "Stay away from me." I tell him. His face falls. "Bell. It's not like that. I'm not like him." Draco says. "Did you know this was going to happen?" I ask. "I knew something was going to happen. I tried to warn you." he says. "He was torturing me Draco." I whisper, beginning to cry. "And Lucius did nothing to stop it. I thought he cared!" I exclaim, sobbing.
Mum and Dad rush down from the stands where they were watching. "Anna! Harry!" Dad calls. "Daddy!" I sob, clinging to him. "What happened to her?" Dad asks Harry. Harry gulps, a tear sliding down his cheek. "He tortured her. He crucioed her and looked through her memories and it's all my fault!" Harry exclaims, burying his face in his hands. Dad puts a hand on his shoulder. "It's in no way your fault. Now tell me what happened to you Harry." Dad says. As they talk about what happened, it all plays through my head over and over. The tremors get worse, and my head fills with pain. "Help." I whisper as everything goes black.
I wake up in the hospital wing. It's night, judging by the sky, but that doesn't stop two red headed twins from sitting at my beside, whispering quietly. "Fred? George?" I ask. "Bells!" Fred exclaims. "What happened?" I ask. "Your dad says you passed out. Did he really torture you, Love?" George asks. I nod slowly. "It was so awful. He went into my mind and he's going to kill everyone I care about!" I exclaim. George grabs my hand. "That's not going to happen." He says. "Everyone is going to be okay." Fred says. I nod slowly, even though I don't believe them. "What about Moody?" I ask. "He's down in his office with your parents, Dumbledore, and a few other teachers. Harry said they're waiting for aurors." George says. "I'm scared." I whisper. "Don't be." Fred says. "We will always protect you." George finishes.