Chapter 1

"Don't worry Mum, I have everything," I assure my mother. "She'll be okay Sky. We can owl her anything she forgot," My dad adds, wrapping his arms around Mum. "Stay out of trouble. Harry, make sure she stays out of trouble," Mum says. Harry chuckles. "Don't worry Aunt Sky, she'll be fine," Harry replies to her.
    We only have five minutes until the train pulls away, so I begin my goodbyes. "Goodbye Mum. I love you!" I say, hugging her. "Goodbye darling. Send me an owl tonight," She says. "I will," I reply.
    I hug my father next. "I love you dad," I say. "I love you too," He replies. Then he whispers into my ear. "No matter what house you're in, we'll still love you all the same."
    After Harry says goodbye, he helps me get my trunk onto the train, and drags it into an empty compartment. "I thought we were sitting with your friends," I say. Harry sighs. "We are. I need to tell you something first though," He replies. I look at him, waiting for him to continue.
    "The other night, a house elf came into my room. Not Kreacher either. This one was named Dobby, and he tried to warn me that Hogwarts wasn't safe. So just be careful, okay?" Harry asks. I nod. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine," I say. Harry grins. "Great. Now you can meet Ron's sister. She's a first year too."
    We find the compartment that Ron and Hermione are in. I met them over the summer. There's a ginger girl sitting beside Ron, looking absolutely starstruck when Harry walks in. "Ginny, this is Annabella," Ron says. "Call me Bella," I tell her. She smiles and comes over to me.
    "You get to live with Harry Potter?" She asks. I laugh. "My mum was a Potter," I say to her. Ginny gapes at me. "You're related to Harry Potter?" She squeals. "He's my cousin," I reply. Ginny looks like she's about to scream. "Who's your mum?" She asks curiously.
    I hate telling people this. People love my mum for being able to hide from Voldemort for so long, and they hate dad for being an ex-death eater. "My mum is Skylar Black," I say. Ginny squeals again.
    "It's like, you're related to everyone famous. So who did your mum marry?" Ginny asks. "Regulus Black," I mumble. Ginny's smile drops. "Your dad is a death eater?" She asks. "No!" I cry. "Does he have the mark on his arm?" She asks. "Yeah," I mumble. "Than he's a death eater!" She cries. "Don't you ever say that about people you don't know!" I scream.
    "Bella? What's wrong?" Harry asks. I point to Ginny. "She- She said that Dad was a death eater!" I cry. Harry wraps me in a hug. "It's okay Bella. We know that's not true," He says comfortingly. "Let's go get some licorice wands okay?" He asks. I nod slowly. "Okay," I reply, and let Harry lead me out of the compartment.
    When we return to the compartment, I put my back against the wall and rest my feet on Harry's lap. Then I pull out a book Remus gave me for my birthday. I get lost in the world of a muggle who tries to learn magic.
    After a few hours, I put my robes on and prepare to get off the train. I see Hagrid, the groundskeeper, calling first years over, so I walk over to him. We get onto boats to head to the castle, and when the castle comes into view, I gasp with amazement. It's the most amazing think I've ever seen. It's beautiful, shining with lights.
    After Professor McGonagall explains houses to us, it's time to be sorted. I'll be towards the beginning, with my last name being Black. I watch all the As get sorted, and I'm the first B.
"Annabella Black!" McGonagall calls, and I step up. The sorting hat is then placed on my head. To my surprise, it speaks to me.
    "Another Black? I thought I'd seen the last of them," The hat says. "While you're loyal to those you care about, and very brave, you're also very cunning and smart. I know exactly where to put you!"
I hold my breath, waiting for the answer. Hopefully Gryffindor. Then the hat screams out his decision.
"Slytherin!"