Chapter 64: All I've Ever Needed

An: One more chapter na lang at tapos nato. Thank you for being a part of this wonderful journey. I love every single one of you. ❤

--------

Dennise’s POV

This was supposed to be just a simple celebration of me finally becoming a doctor, spending the night at the beach, with my family and friends. It was supposed to be that until Alyssa, the love of my life, went in front of everyone and declared her love for me.

“My love, I have been given the most spectacular privilege anyone could ever have. I have been given the privilege of falling in love with you. No, let me change that one. I didn’t simply fell in love with you, I walked into love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open and my heart choosing you to face the fears that came with love. I walked into love with you holding my hands and making me feel like the bravest and strongest human being.” Every word was spoken with passion and love. Her eyes are screaming love towards me and both our eyes were shedding tears. My heart was racing, confused and at the same time overwhelmed.

“My love, hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na umabot tayo ngayon. Us, together and surrounded with the people that we both cherish and love. My, parang kahapon lang I caught a glimpse of your eyes across the crowded room and those eyes never left my mind and heart.” She said through her sobs and she caught my breath when she was suddenly down on her knee in front of me.

I was just looking into her eyes, full of shock and joy.

“My, no grand gestures. Just me speaking what’s inside my heart for you. Remember that one night where I promised you my heart and my love under the same moon?” I nodded, suddenly overwhelmed at the memory during ate Cha and ate Kara’s wedding night.

That was when we were at the beach, the same beach that we are now, where she promised and declared her love towards me. That memory never fails to make my heart flutter.

“Babe, I am now here in front of everyone and in front of you. I want to start building and making those promises with you. My future is nothing but an empty world without you in it, will you give me the greatest honor of having a future with you? Baby, will you marry me?” She asked, with hopeful eyes.

My heart was beating wildly at the moment, and all I could do was cry with joy and wrapped my arms around her and repeated the words over and over again.

“Yes! Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you! I want you now, tomorrow, forever and if there is an infinite time that exists beyond that then I’d still love you and I would marry you in every lifetime.” I said and kissed her lips, sealing a promise.

She put the ring on my fingers and hugged me, lifting me off of the ground.

“I love you.” She whispered.

“I love you too.”

Everyone gathered around us and cheered us on. Some were taking pictures or recording the moment. I was just smiling and crying the whole time.

I kept hugging Alyssa, and then I would pull back a little bit and look at her eyes making sure that this is all real and that she is real.

Sometimes, being with Alyssa is too good to be true. But looking into her eyes makes me realize that I’m wide awake and that all of these is real.

Our family and friends started congratulating us, some were teasing us but all of them are happy and excited for the both us.

My dad came up to me and hugged me.

“Parang kahapon lang, you were still my little Pakoy. And now, here you are.” He said pulling back from our tight embrace and looked at me with so much pride and love. “You became a beautiful and wonderful person Den, I’m so proud of you anak.”