Rachel

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you all for the continued support, I really hope you like this chapter.

Klaus POV

As I was walking towards the Boarding House, my mind was filled with the thoughts of Rachel. I wondered how she was, would I want to kiss her into oblivion when I see her or rip out her heart?

She actually reminded me a bit of Katerina, manipulative, cunning, the only difference between the two was that I understood Katerina's motives immediately, but I couldn't do it with Rachel.

Of course Elijah was doubtful of her motives towards the end of her time with us. Rebekah, Kol, Elijah, all of us considered her as family; none of us ever doubted her intentions. Her past story was perfect, huh couldn't remember anything, I should've just killed her in the beginning.I came nearer to the House and it hit me.

The woods and burning cidar, the unique smell of her, that's what had drawn me towards her in the beginning, for a brief time I had even thought she was my mate, how wrong I was. I was worried about meeting her, but I was going to treat her the way I treated anyone who betrayed me.I walked inside the door without bothering to knock.

"Hello, Rachel".

"Klaus". She was looking absolutely radiant; her dirty blonde hair was now chopped off so that it ended at her shoulders instead of her waist, her green eyes still looked absolutely stunning, her lips, full and luscious, her hourglass figure still intact, unchanged. She was wearing a pair of black stilettos, leather pants paired with a white see-through shirt; all in all, she looked like she had come from a runway.

The thing that surprised me though, was that I had no interest in kissing her, in fact the very thought of it was revolting.

"I heard you wanted to meet me". I said moving into the living room.

"Wait a second" I threw a very icy glare at Damon "how do you both know each other?"

"How do you both know each other?" I countered back at Damon.

"Before you two give me a headache, which although is very uncommon for a vampire who isn't with a witch, I'll introduce you two" ah, so the fire was still there, not changed a bit, I thought, but in reality I just gave her a very icy glare "Damon, this is Klaus, my ex-fiancé and Klaus this is Damon, my elder brother".

"What?" Damon and I said consecutively and then looked at each other.

"Yes".

"You almost married my sister?" Damon asked or I think said, I'm not sure which.

"I almost married your sister". I said the disgust clear in my voice. "Wait, so you did know about your family, of course you did, everything you ever said was a lie".

"No, I did not know about my family. Klaus, I know that you're wondering why I'm here, or knowing you, you were probably deciding which is the best way to kill me, but I'm here to give you the truth and warn you about something".

"Oh, the truth; after about seventy years you finally deem me worthy of the truth. Wow, that took no time at all". I said in the most sarcastic tone I could muster.

"I'm sorry Klaus, Mikeal had compelled me to do his bidding, but when he died I remembered everything, my family, my father, you, everything".

"Wait, he had compelled you to forget me?" I exclaimed incredilously.

"Yes, I know you don't love anymore not the way you did before, I also know that although I remember you and how I felt about you, but I don't know if I do feel that way about you anymore, Mikeal had compelled me to fall in love with you, so when he died....."

"The compulsion wore off". I said completing her sentence. "But if he changed you then you should have died with him".

"Your right, I should've, but I didn't. He didn't turn me Klaus-"

"Katherine did, didn't she?" Damon said, effectively cutting Rachel off, not for long though.

"Yup, who else could do it?" she said.

"You said you wanted to warn me about something?"

"Yes, Esther is planning to kill you".

"Good riddance". Damon says.

"You do realise you'll die with me, right Damon?" I asked him, like hell I was going to let that woman kill me.

"Actually, you see that's the thing, she is planning to kill you in some other way, by which you're entire bloodline dosen't die".

"But, she'll have to kill Bella, right?" Damon said. He sat down and I promptly followed while Rachel; moved in front of us.

"Yes, she will".

"Bella's gone".

"What?" instantly,l was in front of Rachel.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Damon asked getting up and coming behind me.

"She was taken by a cold one in the morning".

"How do you know that?" I asked her.

"I saw it".

"And you did nothing?" I all but growled at her.

"No, I didn't do anything, Cold Ones are strong and this one had crimson eyes". She said.

"You should've saved her, you idiot". That was, surprisingly, Damon and not me, although I was going to say something along the same lines.

"I couldn't save her okay, they were stronger and I couldn't stop them". She said, I clenched my fists in an attempt to control my anger and said in a too-calm voice.

"They? So there were two Cold Ones or more than two, which a one hundred and fifty year old vampire couldn't fight two powerful Cold Ones so you left a defenseless human with them, you could've used your brains and tricked them, after all you're good at it". I said with as much venom in my voice as possible."Give me one good reason to not kill you right here and right now".

"I overheard their conversation" she said "and so I know where they are taking her".

"Speak and maybe I won't kill you". I was face to face with her and ready to attack at any given moment.

"They are planning on taking her to Volterra in Italy".

"What's there?" Damon asked, but before I could reply to him, Rachel did.

"The Volturi, they are a powerful group of vampires, Cold Ones, a huge coven. And they aren't doing this on their own".

"Why do I have a bad feeling about that?" I ask, I could just feel that she was hiding the biggest secret yet.

"Because you should. I heard them saying that Bella was who Esther wanted and that the other two should be done by then".

"Wait, so, oh God. So, Bella has been taken to Italy where Esther is, and you said - oh no, I need to call Elijah. Rachel, are you staying or going?" I asked, I did not want unnecessary 'guests' right now.

"I'm staying". Both Damon and I looked at her dubiously.

"Hey my little brother is involved in all this mess".

"What? I'm older than you". Damon said, and I let out a sigh.

"Not you, you idiot, Stefan". Rachel said. Not having time for their stupid sibling rivalry, I called Elijah. He picked up on the very first ring, weird."Elijah, we have a problem".

"Yes we do". He replied as a matter of fact. "Elena's gone".

"The ritual".

"Bella as well?"

"Yes".

"Wait, Rebekah?"

"Yes". I said remembering she hadn't returned to Jacob.

"On no".

"Oh yes, it' Esther".