The House

Bella POV

After my breakfast/lunch, Klaus and Iwent to see his house. No, we hadn't kissed after that incidence, but if there was one thing I was sure of was that Edward would never have kissed me like that. Of course, I was embarrassed after I realised that I had told Klaus that I liked him which was something that even I didn't know until I confessed it to him. But now that I think back to itm it was the truth, so there was mo reason to lie. We were mates afrer all.

We were in his car, but honestly I didn't want to sit in a car for so long, although my leg was feeling so much better than last night.

We were driving towards the outskirts of town when I gathered all the courage that I had and held on to it before it left and asked him: "So, what does this mean for us?"

"Whatever do you mean Bella?"

"What I mean is that where are we going to go from here after what happened at my house?" I practically hissed it out to him. He had known exactly what I was talking about.

"And exactly what happened at your house, love?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about". I told him, trying to keep , myself from yelling at him.

"No, I don't, why don't you enlighten me?"

"Uggh...you're so frustrating Klaus. I meant the kiss".

"What about the kiss?"

"What are we going to do next, I mean do go on with the way things were before or..." I let myself trail off and waited for him tk complete my sentence, because I wasn't sure how I would complete it, and drankly, I don't know how I want to complete it.

"Well, before also we were just kind of around eacb other, we'll be the same way until you're ready for a relationship, and honestly, until I am too, you see I've never been in a relationship before".

I was so shocked at hearing this that my jaw literally dropped to the floor.

Bella, love, close your mouth, you don't want to eat flies, do you?" He was right and so I did close my mouth, but took a complete turn towards him.

"So what you're telling me is that Klaus Mikealson, the thousand year old original hybrid that the entire world fears has never been in a relationship before?"

"Yes, essentially. And here we are." With that he pulled up in front of a really big house.

"That's more of a mansion". I commented.

"Yes, I had bought it when I was staying here around a century ago. Come on then, let's go inside."

He got out and came to my side to open my door. I got out and we both started walking. This mansion was huge. There was a garden at first, but it was unlike any garden I had ever seen, for it was in the shape of a kite. There were many flowers, it seemed as if someone came here everyday to trim and water it, and knowing Klaus, he probably has a profsssional gardener do it. I saw roses, sunflowers and daisies among others. There was also a huge fountain in what I assume, is the diagonal centre of the garden, and we made our way around it.

The place the garden ends, a beautiful lake begins and, at the centre there is a two or three feet wide path made of white marble. As we walk over it, I see that there are Lotus' growing in small groups all throughout the lake, and the path, as well as the lake end right in front of the main door.

It looks like it has been made of oak and it has intricate designs on the knob.

He opens it, and as we step inside I feel as if I've stepped inside an antique store. On one side of the door, pushed up against a wall is a table which has delicate designs on it, while the other side is empty. The walls are of light white colour, making the room look sophisticated, just as I would've expected it. The was a couch seating five people and as we go ahead there is another sittinf area seperated by a few steps. This area has a huge circular couch, which is black in colour and there is a table in between not very big, there is also a seperate space in the same room having a television and DVD player with yet another couch.

"Do you like it love?"

"I do, I just, I mean what I mean is that this place is so beautiful".

"Mhhm...do you want to see the kitchen?"

"Ya sure". We went to the far left of the room where a huge dining table, which had the capacity of seating around twenty people on it, sat. And further in was the kitchen. It was fully furnished with all the latest appliances.

"Well, this is the kitchen, and you've seen the living room, but as we haven't lived here for over a century, I don't think I can show you my bedroom, but there is one room you'd love to see". He said with a smile, no not the usual smirk, this was a real smile, coming from his very heart. And I loved it, you cannot see that smile and think that the man is a murderer. It actually made him look like a normal guy in his twenties.

He took me to and up the spiralling staircase and towards a door and stopped right in front of it.

"Well, Bella you are going to love this room". He said cockily, but before I could come up with a witty comeback, he opened the door and I gaaped. I moved in and saw thousands of books kept on bookshelves. A library.

"You have a library in your house?" I questioned incredulously, but before he could respond, I went in and touched the books. Some were thick while some were thin, some so old that I wouldn't dare to touch them for the fear that they would fall apart, while some were slightly newer. It was like a dream come true. On one shelf I saw the first edition of 'Romeo and Juliet' while on other I spotted 'The Great Gatsby'. And then the realisation hit me, although I wasn't entirely sure it was possible.

"All these books are first editions, aren't they?" I asked turning to see Klaus.

"Yes, they are, and since you were so interested in books, according to what Renee told me the other night, I thought you might want to see them."

"What did she say when she saw this place?"

"She asked me if my family were somehow involved in the mafia."

"What did you tell her?" I asked my heart speeding up.

"That yes, I was" my eyes became wide and all the blood drained from my face, making it even paler than usual, if that was even possible. I looked at Klaus with big, fearful eyes waiting for him to do something. And then he did it, he burst out laughing. He obviously hadn't told Renee what he claimed to and also had fun at my expense. I didn't know whether to whack him or laugh along with him, so I waited until he calmed down.

"This isn't a joke Klaus".

"Yes, but the look on your face was absolutely hilarious, you actually believed it, love. But your right I should not have joked about it, it was very bad of me".

"You know what Klaus, to hell with you and your joke". I screamed at him.

"Bella, love I'm really sorry, I won't do that ag-" but he was cut off by laughter, my laughter, I couldn't hold it in anymore, he looked so genuinely sad and guilty and afraid.

I finally took control of my laughter, gasping for breathe in the process.

"The look on your face was priceless. I can't, oh Klaus I'm sorry". I said.

"We're even. Next time you won't get off the hook so easily".

"Ok" I said nodding my head along as if to prove my point.

"Well, what did you tell her?" I asked resuming the topic he, no, we both had such a laugh at.

"I told her, no, that this was ancestral property, and that my younger brother, Kol who lived here for some time a while back had got it furnished and the books were also an ancestral collection, which is quite true you see for if we hadn't been vampires it would've been an ancestral collection." He replied.

"Right. So, can I have a look at the books?"

"Sure".

I went and saw the first edition of my favourite book 'Wuthering Heights' on one of the top shelves, but I thought I could reach it.

"Can I read this?"

"Of course love. Do you need help in removing it?"

"No, it's fine, but thanks".

"Okay".

"Can you get me a glass of water, please?"

"Sure". He went out of the room to get water for me, while I tried to reach it, tried being the key word. I couldn't, my height had become a hazard. I thought of calling Klaus, but then saw a chair a little farther away, and had an idea. I couldn't depend on Klaus for everything.

I pulled the chair over and stood on it to remove the book, I reached it and grabbed it, but when I was coming down I lost my balance and began to fall, and let me just say that it wasn't just any chair, but a very high one. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the impact, but it never came. So I opened my eyes to see what had happened, only to look into the ocean blue eyes of one Klaus Mikealson. He had one arm underneath my knees while the other around my waist. He had caught me before I could fall.

"What were you thinking Bella, you would've just called me or waited for me".

"I'm sorry". The eye contact had not broken and we were both stairing into each others eyes.

Ring - ring.

"My phone" he said setting me down on the floor, the book still clutched in my hand. "Hello"

"What?" I heard Klaus, and saw that he looked shocked.

"Where were you?..."of course you were. Is anything missing?..."What?" Now he look terrifying.

"I will kill you and the mutt when I come back, dear sister, tell Elijah". He said and hung up.

"What happened Klaus?"

"We need to get back to Mystic Falls. We have a problem".

A/N:
Hey, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Hope the discription of the house wasn't too much.
Thank you for all the hearts, comments and follow.