Chapter 4

A new dawn chapter 4

Klaus POV

I walked into the grill and went to sit on the stool that was usually occupied by the elder Salvatore. I heard the dolor open and close but did not look up until I smelled Bella.

"What brings you here, love?" I asked her and it was then that it all made sense, why Bella smelled so nice to me, better than the rest, I couldn't believe it took me so long to figure out. anyway I turned my attention back to her.

"I need to talk to you" she said.

"Why don't you have a seat love?"I asked her

"Fine, but the thing I want to talk about, we can't speak here its not comfortable. Can we go back to Elena's and talk ?"she asked.

"Ok love, but I'm not invited in Elena Gilbert's house but then you will invite me in, won't you love?" I asked, knowing she'd never invite me in and I was proved right.

"No, can we go somewhere else?" She asked me.

Bella POV

I kept looking at him, I really wanted to know why he didnt kill me.

"Sure love why dont we go back to my place?" He asked me, well it wasnt really gonna harm me, but yet being in the same house with a physco killer wasnt something that I was looking forward to, but yet I decided to agree, anyway Damon had given me vervain as well as wolfsbane so it wasnt like he'd enjoy drinking my blood.

"Fine, let's go there." I said, after the year with the Cullens and Victoria behind me I wasnt at all afraid of vampires, but Klaus was different, he.....intimidated me and the fact that he was so handsome didnt help at all.

We walked out of the Grill and went over to his car. It was a Ferrari, as I got to the passenger side, he opened the door for me, and I slid inside. The drive to his house was silent. We stopped in front of the house, but it looked like a mansion, hell it was a mansion. As I was about to open the door, he already had it open for me. I got out of the car and we began walking towards his house. As we got in the house, I couldn't help but gasp. It was a house that would put the Cullens' house at shame. We walked inside and to the living room. I sat down on the sofa and Klaus sat on the chair opposite to it.

"I need to ask you something". I told him.

"Ask away love."

"Why didn't you kill me on the day we met?" I was truly curious about that from the moment I saw him at the boarding house.

"I didnt kill you because it was your birthday, did you think that low of me, love?" He asked, I looked up to see he was wearing a serious expression on his face and his eyes looked so sad as if he expected me to trust him but knew that it were never to happen.

"No". I gave into him and he got up from his position on the chair and and came to sit next to me. My heart was beating so fast. He leaned in closer and just as we were about to kiss, I realised that this was Klaus, the guy who killed Aunt Jenna, who made Elena's life meserable.

I pulled myself away from him. "I need to go home." I said.

"Ill leave you". He said and started getting up, just as I was about to argue I realised, I hadn't got my car so I nodded and got up to leave. But clumsy me, I slipped over my foot and was falling down. I closed my eyes expecting myself to hit the ground, but felt something strong catch me. I opened my eyes finding myself staring into Klaus' blue eyes. I couldn't look away from his eyes and neither could he. We kept staring into each other's eyes for minutes. I leaned in closer to him and thats when my phone rang. We both straightened up and I reached for my phone. It was an unknown number. Yet, I picked up the phone.

"Hello Bella". It couldnt be , but it was.......