Boyfriend

Bella POV

When we finally reached mom's house, all of us got down and went to the door where I rang the bell. I had informed mom that I was coming along with my boyfriend and some friends of mine and Elena's and she was glad that I was coming to meet her for the first time since my accident last year, which wasn't actually an accident but James attacking me. 

Soon, the door was pulled open and I saw my mom standing on the opposite side, and surprising her, and myself, I rushed into her arms and hugged her as tight as I could. The past few months had taken a toll on me, with Edward leaving and finding out that I was Klaus' mate, it's been hard. I've never really appreciated my mom, but today, seeing her after so many months made me realise how much I missed her.

I held on to her for a few more moments, before finally letting her go, and stepping back.

"Hey mom"

"Bella, it's so great to see you after so many months, how are you dear?"

"I'm fine mom, can we come in? It was a long way here."

"Oh yes, please come in all of you and Bella, introduce me to them, dear".

I entered and wondered if that invitation was enough for the three vampires with me, and apparently it was, as they entered right after me.

"Hi Bella".

"Hey Phil, uh mom this is Damon, Caroline and this is Klaus, my boyfriend". 

I saw my mom raise her eyebrows at this as if shocked as she had a right to be, just a few days ago, as I'm sure Charlie had told her, I was hung up over Edward, and now I was introducing her to my mew boyfriend; I would be too.

"Hello Klaus" 

"Ma'am"

I heard Damon cough behind me which suspiciously sounded a lot like a laugh and saw that, from my peripheral vision, Klaus glaring at him. His blue eyes became so hard, which was weird because he has never looked like that at me before, and I certainly didn't want him to. The moment was soon broken by Caroline's voice.

"Hello, Renee, I'm Caroline"

"Oh hi, do you go to school with Bella?"

"Uh no, I go to school with Elena".

"Oh really? How is she?"

"She's fine just coping up with everything."

"Yes, she has gone through a lot more than anyone should go through." 

My mom and Elena were quite close so she was very worried about her. 

"Hello Klaus, Damon". That was Phil and soon the three of them were talking about who knows what. Caroline and mom were talking about something too when suddenly I started feeling angry. I don' t know why or how but I was, and before I could project my anger on someone, I walked towards the balcony and stepped outside in the cool air.

I missed Edward. I don't know why but I just do. Actually I do know why I missed him, if he was here, he would've sensed that something was wrong with me and would've come out here and tried to get my mind off it. But then it wasn't fair to Klaus, he didn't know me that well, but it would feel good.

All of a sudden I felt something heavy land on my shoulder and with a sharp intake of breathe, I turned around thinking it may be James or Victoria, but instead came face to face with Klaus.

"Are you crazy? Or are you trying to give me a heart attack, Klaus, I was so scared." I shouted at him, which is unusual, I never shout at people, no matter what the problem is, it is very unlike me. 

"Bella-"

"No" I cut him off, much softer than before "have you forgotten that I'm not a vampire, I don't have vampire hearing, or are you too much into yourself that you can't even think about other people or consider them. No, you know what, I'm sorry that I'm even trying to talk some sense into you, I mean its not like you actually care, is it? Your a monster and you cannot care about anyone but yourself and -" 

"I think you've said enough, your mother told me that dinner was ready". I took one look at his crestfallen face and immediately felt guilty about the way I spoke to him. I couldn't believe that I had said it. I called him a monster. 

"Klaus, I" I started to say but was cut-off by him. He looked angry, but his eyes were saying something entirely different. They looked angry but not just that, they also held sadness, betrayal and guilt.

"I know that I'm a monster, I've killed so many people including your aunt and you have every right to be angry at me. But, trust me I'm trying to be a better person, not for my brothers or sister or even Caroline, who I was infatuated with till, what? A week ago. I'm doing it for you. Since I've met you I haven't killed a single person and I don't plan to, either. Bella, I know it's too soon but I have feelings for you, feelings I haven't had for anyone in my thousand years of existence and that's saying something. I don't know if it's love, but what I do know, is that I cannot live with the idea of you hating me."

"No, Klaus I don't- I don't hate you but it's too soon to tell if I love you, I don't even know about my feelings for Edward. I know that it's not much of a commitment, but it's the only thing that I can give you at this point. " I look into his eyes as I say this and see that they've now become glassy and a lone tear rolls down his cheek. I reach up and with the pad of my thumb, wipe it out and cupped his cheek.

I wasn't sure how long we stood there like that, my hand cupping his cheek, his blue eyes looking into my brown eyes, but slowly he leaned his face towards mine and I tilted mine upwards, and as we were nose to nose, I heard someone clear their throat behind us and we broke apart.

I saw Phil leaning against the glass. "Your mom has called you both for dinner". 

"Yes, let's go, Bella?" Klaus said. 

"Hmm....ya, let's go".

And with that all three of us walked towards the dining room.