A New Dawn (A Klaus Mikaelson Love Story)

This story is now in the process of being edited.

Edited

Bella POV

It had been months since Edward had left and I still wasn't able to move past him, everything beginning from my school to my car reminded me of him. So how could I possibly get over him? But I knew that my heart was beginning to heal, little by little, and although I hated myself for it, I knew that in some months it wouldn't hurt this bad. The hurt was already diminishing, slowly but surely.

I was deep in these thoughts when I heard a knock on the front door. I opened it and was surprised, whether pleasently or not, I wasn't sure, to see Jacob standing on the other side of the door.

"Hey, Jake what's up?

I asked in nonchalance, but the seriousness of expression was making me worry. Although, he wasn't exactly a bubbly five year old, he was never solemn.

He moved inside my house and up the stairs to my room. I didn't understand what he was doing and asked him for an explanation.

"We need to leave Bella; the red-headed bloodsucker is coming after you, do you know anywhere we can go that no one else knows?"

"Victoria?" He gave a slight nod, "but what about Charlie?"

"Charlie will be safe, Billy is taking him for fishing this weekend and you could tell him you need a change of pace after everything with Edward".

"Um, we could go to Mystic Falls. It's a small town in Virginia where my cousins Jeremy and Elena live. I haven't met them since their parents' funeral, but if I ask then I'm sure they'd let me. Will you be coming with me?"

"Yeah, I will and start packing, we'll be leaving as soon as possible". That was all I needed and as soon as Jocob had left to make his own arrangements, I started packing, I hadn't seen them since their parents' death. I decided I'd call Elena up and ask her if it was okay for me to come.

Later that night I called Elena, who answered at the third ring.

"Hey, Bells, what's up?" Elena sounded a little down and tired, I wondered what was wrong with her and decided I'd ask as soon as we reached.

"Hey, Elena, how are you?"

"I'm okay and you?"

"I'm good too, and I know that this is asking a lot, seeing we haven't spoken in almost a year, more than a year infact but can I and my friend Jacob come to your house this weekend? I really need a change of pace and so does he."

"Yeah, of course, you don't have to ask, when will you be coming? "

"Tomorrow, I think".

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

The next day Jacob and I took the first flight to Mystic Falls, Charlie and Billy left for fishing and Charlie was quite happy that I was going to Mystic Falls because he thought I'll be able to get over Edward if I was away from all places surrounding him.

When we arrived at the airport Jeremy was there to receive us. He had changed a lot since I had seen him the last time. He seemed more muscular and built-up , than the last I'd seen him. We got to the car, the drive to the Gilbert residence was quite silent except for Jacob and Jeremy making small talk.

Elena POV

I wasn't sure how I'd be able to control myself, I had been a vampire only for a few weeks and wasn't sure if I'd be able to control my bloodlust in front of Bella and her friend.

That's when I heard Jer's car pull up in the driveway. I could smell blood from right here, it was the sweetest, most fragrant smell I'd ever smelt.

And then it all happened very suddenly, as if I was on autopilot  like my mind could no longer control my body, only my bloodlust could.

  Bella, Jeremy , and Bella's friend Jacob were coming through the doorway, it was Bella smelling extremely delicious and her friend Jacob extremely….bad, stinking almost, there was no other way to descibe it. As she was coming through the doorway the back of her hand scraped against a nail sticking on the doorway. The cut was shallow enough to draw some blood out, but it was enough for me to completely lose control, I felt my fangs breaking their way through my gums, the veins under my eyes becoming visible and before I knew it I was lunging towards her…..