Sunday

BPOV

As I sat in the car with Caroline, Klaus, and Damon, I couldn't help but feel the tension. I was Klaus' mate and I knew he had been flirting with Caroline before meeting me. I also knew she had been in a relationship with Damon. Due to these dynamics, there was an uncomfortable silence in the car.

I still couldn't believe I was Klaus' mate and even though I had kissed him back, Edward still held a prominent place in my heart. I didn't know what to think of my relationship with Klaus, if it even was one. I was obviously his mate, but I didn't know if he loved me. I didn't even think he was capable of it anymore, but I knew there was still a part of him that still held humanity.And then I remembered his determination to make sure Esther didn't harm anyone. I was so angry at myself and guilty for what I said. I could just remember what happened on Sunday.

"Well than we should go and ask Katherine," Elena said.

Everyone liked this idea."I'll go and ask her," Elena said.

"No, I'll go, Elena, she'll kill you if she sees you," Caroline said.

"I'll come too," I said and seeing the look on everyone's faces elaborated, "So that I can see my mom."

"Well in that case I'll come considering Katerina's on the run from me". Klaus said. 

It was then decided that Caroline would go talk to Katherine and Klaus and I tagged along to make sure she didn't get hurt, and meet my mother and Phil. We decide to go the very next day.

We all called it a night and gradually everyone left, leaving me, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, Elena, Jacob, and Elijah. Jacob and Rebekah left and none of us questioned where, while Kol said he was going to sleep. Elijah had offered to drive Elena and I home, but Klaus said he'd drop me off later. 

After they left, Klaus took my hand ever so gently and sat

me down on the couch to which I responded with a raised eyebrow. 

He crouched down to my level and looked into my eyes."Bella, I want to tell you something," he said. At first I was confused, but then he continued, "I want you to stay away from Esther, and that I promise you I'll never leave you like Edward did. I know you must be thinking as to why I'm saying all of this suddenly. You know that you're my mate, but you didn't come to know the way I wanted you to know it. I also want you to know that I'm never going to hurt your family, Bella," he said, and I started feeling angry.

"How can you even say that when you've hurt Elena so much? You know even if Edward left me, at least he wasn't a monster. But you are. Today when I heard what all of you were talking about, about how yourmother wants to kill you, I thought that you're so bad that even your mother wants to kill you. I'm sorry that I even kissed you," I told him in a fit of anger and walked home. There I kept thinking of how rude I was, he was apologizing and trying to change and I said all of that.

This is how I'm here today, seeing if I can apologize.