24| No more dark clouds

Alexa's POV

Alexa's POV

I woke up earlier than my alarm which is pretty damn awesome only it's a saturday and also my day off. I groaned as soon as I realized that.

I ran my hand on my face and sighed. Well since I woke up early might as well make it a productive day.

I got up and streched my arms upwards until I'm on my tippy toes complete with lazy yawn.
''God that's good.'' I just love it when I stretch my body like this and it releases so much tension from my muscles and now I feel more awake and alert, only one thing left, to drink coffee.

I walk into my bathroom and combed my hair with my fingers, I splashed cold water on face and rinsed my mouth since I only brush my teeth after every meal.

When I went down, the house is quiet. A quick glance on the wall clock― that I gave aunt Cynthia as a christmas gift last year since she always, always complains that she's always running late for every appointment she has because of her old worn out clock that doesn't work as efficient as before anymore― tells me that it's half past seven which means aunt Cynthia is already out for her Tai chi session. She's really body conscious.

I reached the kitchen and immediately brewed my coffee and as soon as the hot water permeated the grounded coffee beans the smell filled the whole kitchen and it made my senses more alive. I smiled.

For the first time in years I'm feeling like my old self again. No more dark clouds, no more nightmares. From now on I'll leave everything behind me and enjoy the life I have, that much I deserve.

You deserve it Alexa. You worked so hard to fix yourself and mend every broken pieces.

I nodded inwardly. This is it, I'm finally moving, doing things that'll make me happy, things that will pull me out completely from the pit of my suffering caused by my past. I shook my head as if to erase the bad memories.

When my coffee is done I grabbed the biggest cup on the cupboard and filled it to the brim. I sipped a little and padded across the kitchen to grab the creamer.

''Half and half, just the way I like it.'' I hum as I stir my coffee. Satisfied with my coffee I grabbed a slice of banana bread that aunt Cynthia baked last night from the table and placed it in a blue and white saucer

I'll take my breakfast in the living room keeping in mind that I should clean up after.

I placed my coffee mug and my banana bread on the center table and took my laptop from the console table near the divider that separates the kitchen from the living room.

I might as well answer some e-mails while eating breakfast that way I'll be able to accomplish two tasks at once.

I took a long sip on my coffee and took a bite on my bread before I powered my laptop on. Just as I expected there are already a dozen e-mails in my inbox. I scrolled and checked all of it before answering the urgent ones..