22| She completes me

×DREW'S POV×

                   This chapter is dedicated to AgathaRoza. You are such a sweetheart ❤

Her laughter filled the space between us but I keep getting glances of her sadness. The familiar sparkles in her eyes were now a dim glow of a distant memory. Good god, what happened to her?
I'll forever mourn for the day that the world robbed her of all the things she could've been.

She was supposed to be happy. . .
She was supposed to be with me. . .

My eyes lingered on her face for a little to long as I traced every line out on the corner of her eyes when she smiles with my vision. Her hair was shorter now and she just might have gained a pound or two achieving more curves compared to her petite body before― less of a girl and more of a woman― and she looked absolutely sexy.
God I missed her. There's just nothing I feel but pure male appreciation for a fine woman specimen.

I knew about her miscarriage and I knew how Jerry left her― I never felt more close to being a criminal when I heard it from Sylvia one lazy sunday morning. I almost flew back to her, but I didn't. I knew she needed time to heal, to move on, be back on her own two feet and forget everything that had happened.

I wanted her to be strong and at that time I thought that the last thing she needed is a guy trying to win her heart as she grieved. I don't want to be a rebound― not that I mind― but I don't want to be Jerry's shadow. If we're going to be together I want it to be new, fresh and something she'd have when she's ready so I waited. Now looking at her, I can'thelp but think that three years is long enough, maybe too long. But its worth it.

''So, you're married huh?'' She beamed, pointing my left hand with her lips as she nurse her glass of vodka and cranberry juice. She's talking about the plain platinum ring I always wear when going out, surely I must've worn it on impulse. I shook my head and stared at the ring while rubbing it with my thumb, I said ''no.''
She tossed back her vodka and motioned the bartender for another one as I did mine ''then what is that?'' Her brows slightly creased. What was it really? Should I tell her that I wear it because I don't want to attract other women so they'll leave me alone as I drown my sorrows every friday night? Should I tell her that I had her name engraved inside the wall of my ring? Should I tell her that I have been waiting for the last three years as I keep tabs on her?
Yeah I'll bet she'd appreciate that. Ha! If only.

I shrugged nonchalantly ''so people wouldn't think I'm an old boring business man with zero love life'' I sighed and faked a hurt expression.

Just in time, the bartender gave us our drinks. My 3rd shot and 2nd for her.
A very unlady-like snort erupted from somewhere but when I looked up It was Alexa.
''Zero love life? You? Please. Don't make me laugh, Drew'' I chuckled lighlty at the sight of her disbelieving face.

   ''Honest!'' I raised one hand ''scouts honor''
   ''Pssh. Are you even a boy scout?
   ''Okay, okay. You got me but hey, I really am single'' and available, and ready to mingle with only you. Man, Jack is really messing with my head right now. Her laughter washed over me like a cold bath. It wiretapped my system and urged me to laugh along with her and share the happiness that surrounds us, at least for now.

When her laughter died down, she stilled. Lips tightly pressed with each other.
''Hey, are you okay?'' I reached for her shoulder and shook her a little.
''Yes. I'm fine. Its just. . . I― thank you Drew. This is the happiest I've been after three years'' she said quietly as she smiles softly. My heart swelled at her words because she's happy and because its with me. My face heat up with delight and I caught my self smiling from ear to ear. Damn, I could stay in this moment for the rest of my life.

''I'm glad to hear that, Alexa'' I could really kiss her right now ''I'm glad you're happy now''

She stared at me with silent gratitude over a timid smile and I stared at her with hearts all over my eyes. All that money, all that success, all that expensive cars; yet she's the only thing that can truly make me complete.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Hi guys!! This book is now on the 2nd judging under the category Romance. I really hope I can win ❤❤

Feel free to leave a comment or simply donate that star for me 😘😘😘

Iloveyou all ❤❤❤❤
E,