14| Little exaggerated muscle

14|
×Alexa's POV×

I can't sleep.
I can't  freakin sleep and for the life of me I don't know why. Well maybe, I do know why and I just don't want to confront it. I'm not scared, no. It's just that no matter how hard I think about it, I always get this unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach that Jerry is indeed bad news, or maybe because I always hear Angie bad mouthing him. I just wish they never told me what that mouse told them, then maybe my head is still at ease.

I twist to my left side. My neck is crooked.
I twist to my right. The pillow feels lumpy and uneven.
Oh shit. Great, it's already two am and I still have to go to work tomorrow at eight. Damn you McQueen!

I sigh in defeat. I straighten myself and stared at the ceiling instead. Those molten chocolatey eyes, the rugged features of his face and his deep husky laughter and of course, his stupid boyish grin. Now that I think about it that mouse is really attractive, maybe a little edgy but still attractive.

He wants to woo you

Mike's words echoed in my head like warning bells. But instead of looking for a safe place and hide like the drill, I get this feeling that I still want to get close and wait for the collision. My heart seems to be doing some trampoline exhibition so I place my hands over my chest to calm it down a little.

''Sleep you little exaggerated muscle'' I mumble as I gently tap my chest almost rhythmically in tuned with my heart beat. When the beat slows down, my eyes went shut.

-----------------------

  When the sun came up I astonishingly wake up successfully; courtesy of my alarm that is set to alarm again every 5 minutes. I immediately washed my face and went downstairs. The smell of pancakes and scrumbled eggs floating in the air as if teasing me to try and have some

''Morning mom'' I greeted my mom who is sitting on one of the Island stool. She look up at me and motion for me to sit down and eat which I gladly obliged in.

''Hey sis, still looking very charming in the morning'' I teased while ruffling her hairr which she quickly stopped by swatting my hand.

''Gee, I wish I can say the same'' Alyssa retorted, rolling her eyes at me. I laugh at her reaction, it never gets old.
As much as I adore her, I will never  admit it let alone tell her, even at gun point.

''Stop bickering and eat'' mom chastise us while peeking obove the rim of her glasses in which we both nod in unison. After finishing my plate of pancake I quikly put the plate on the sink and nursed my cup of coffee.

''Hey mom, I forgot to tell you. I kinda found myself a job at a cafe, I hope you don't mind'' I said sheepishly while I bite my lower lip in anticipation.
Please don't be mad. Don't be mad. Don't be mad.

A smile made its way on my mothers face and I can't help but smile too. It's just not a normal occurrence so whenever it happens, I feel really happy. ''Really? That's great Alexa''she praised. Thank goodness! I can finally breathe.

''Can I come with you?'' Alyssa asks with expectant eyes. Gladly, mother immediately turn her down.  

''No can do young miss. Leave your sister at peace'' mom said sternly while my sister pouted her lips like a petulant child. I pursed my lips to stop myself from laughing before mouthing ''thank you'' to my mom from behind Alyssa.

''I gotta run guys'' I said before dashing up the stairs.

---------------------------------------------

  I surprisingly reached the cafe in time in which I'm greatful for. God bless my athletic body.

     When I enter the cafe I instantly saw Drew, leaning at the counter. His face looks pale and there's a five o'clock shadow on his jawline. I found myself wondering what the hell happened to him. As I approach him, his eyes met mine so I greeted him.
''Hi Drew. How are you doing?'' I asked him but to my dismay he just nods before saying ''fine'' in an almost robotic tone. I can't help but frown.

''Hey'' I called for his attention soflty ''is everything alright?'' He stares at me for a second to long with unspoken emotion flashing in his eyes.

He nods ''yes, I'm just. . .I'm just tired'' then he smiles at me half heartedly. This is odd, since he smiles as often as he breathes

    He must've seen the worry etched on my face so he reached for my head and tap it lightly ''I'm fine Alexa, go help the others. I'll be fine'' I want to ask him furthermore but it seems like the only thing he needs is space so I just nod at him and went to the locker room.

------------------------------------------------------------

   The whole day went by a blur as my shift near its end. I found myself staring at the door that leads into Drew's office. He's been in there the whole day and I still feel bothered by the way he is since this morning. My brows marred while I wipe the table that Sylvia assigned me with.

''Why are you frowning?'' Asked a voice that is becoming more and more familiar to me. I turn my head slightly to see Jerry sitting at the near by table.

''When did you get here?'' I asked, ignoring his own question.

''About ten minutes ago, you've been frowning and wiping at the same table for ten minutes'' he said but I just offer him a small smile.

''Come on now, your shift is done'' he offers, his chocolatey eyes looking at me expectantly.
Damn those big chocolatey eyes!
It's really hard to say no so I just simply said yes to him.

''Wait for me here, I'll just change my clothes'' I said before walking  towards the locker room. After 15 minutes of indecisiveness on weather I'm doing the right thing or not, I finally said to myself what the hell, what can possibly go wrong? Right?

''Ready?'' Jerry asks when he saw me walking towards him. I just nod at him and he gave me one of his boyish grin that crinkles the corners of his eyes. We walk towards the glass doors but before we completely let ourselves out, I catch a glimpse of Drew standing by the door of his office staring at me.
I really need to talk to him.

''Where d'you wanna go?'' Jerry asks as we walk on the sidewalk. I think about it for a second before saying ''I want to go back to the clearing where you brought me before'' his eyes twinkled in amazed confusion.

''You really liked it there huh?'' He asks, lightly nudging my shoulder.

''It's not the place really, but the view plus the vast night sky that gleams with millions of stars'' I said, smiling fondly at the memory but when I look at him he's already staring at me.

''You know what, it doesn't matter where you wanna go. As long as you keep that smile on your face'' he said softly, his eyes showing nothing but pure honesty. Butterflies errupted in my stomach and for the first time in my life I can't seem to find a quick answer to what he said.

I honestly don't know how to speak without choking on my own saliva. And it doesn't help that my heart is doing another trampoline exhibition inside my rib cage.

Damn you little exaggerated muscle!

------------------------------

Aaaand its a wrap! 🎬

What do you think is wrong with our poor Drew? Should it be his POV next? Just send me a PM or you know just leave a lovely comment ❤❤
What about our dear Jerry mouse? 😂 what do you think he'll do now?

Who's ship are you on?
Mine is Drew's ship ❤❤❤😘😍😍😍🎉🎉

Lovelots,
E❗