18|One day soon

18|
×Alexa's POV×

''Happy six months of love, babe'' Jerry whispers handing me a bouquet of beautifully arranged red roses smiling at me endearingly.

''Thank you, cheesecake'' I said teasingly and yes, I call him cheesecake which he hates but I still call him that for the sake of annoying him. He groans at the mention of his pet name.

''I thought we already discussed about not calling me that?'' He frowns, but his eyes twinkle with delight. I playfully nudge his shoulder then he caged me in his arms. His familiar scent embraced me too, almost intoxicatingly. I slightly pull out of his arms to properly look at him but he cut my appreciation if his rugged beauty short by locking his lips on mine. Slowly gliding from lip to lip, like a slow dance shared by two people but with one heart. Heat starts to form inside me, as our kisses grew more fervor. The slow dance of our lips warp into a needy restless beat  that can't be sated; It's euphoric and painfully addictive.

''You're freakin' incredible, Alexa'' he breathes in between my lips, still panting from the heat of our kiss. I can't help but smile with his words.

''You're not bad yourself, cheesecake'' I said playfully before kissing him once more.

---------------------------------------------

''What? What do you mean he's leaving?'' I ask Sylvia who gestures that I should keep my voice down. Earlier this morning, I found Drew signing a stock of paper and very tediously rearranging it on a leather briefcase. Then when I asked Sylvia what is Drew up to, she told me that Drew will be going back to Atlanta. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to feel, but right now I feel like I'm losing something integral to my being.

''Honey, he'll go back to Uni to finish his business course'' Sylvia explains, frowning a little at the mention of Drew's plan. Just like me, I know for a fact that Sylvia feels a bit sad too. Unable to say anything, I lean towards Sylvia and envelope her with a sideways hug.

Drew is a friend, a brother, a boss and someone more than all of that for us. He's this happy go lucky guy who never fail to make everyone around him smile. I'm sure as hell gonna miss him along with every memories we have within the four walls of this cafe.

I'm knocked out of my reverie when Drew steps out of his office to call for me ''Alexa, can we talk for a minute?'' He asks almost somberly.
Maybe he's feeling sad about leaving too.

''Yeah, sure.'' I replied before making my way to his office. ''What d'you want to talk about?'' His eyes searched for my face and zeroed in on mine. His face however, is impassive except for the tight line of his jaw that clearly indicates his clenched teeth. His slate blue orbs are surely brewing some kind of storm that I can't quite define.

''I'm leaving,'' he stated quietly, almost as if he's talking to himself ''I'm not really sure when I'll come back, or if I'll come back for that matter'' his voice falters at the end of his sentence and I can't help but be worried with the way he's been acting and I'm not talking about just today, I'm talking about this past few months.

My curiousity got the better of me― as always, so I ask him ''Drew, can you just please tell me what the hell is going on with you?'' My tone was unintentionally curt causing Drew to jerk his head up. His slate blue orbs softens as he look at me quizzically, searching, demanding like he needs to know every damn thing that's going on in my otherwise unpredictable head. As understanding as I am, I'm still puzzled by Drew's drastic change in attitude.
Only towards you. Damn you unconscious mind!

I still think that I'm greatly missing out on something important and God knows how hard I've tried to crack Drew but I always come empty handed.

''Alexa. . .'' He said hesitantly, his brows slightly marred ''there are things that I can't tell you no matter how much I wanted to'' the tone of his voice is monotonously laid out giving his words a certain finality. Which for me, roughly translates as, end of discussion. It only warrants my conclusions that there is really something he'd been hiding. Not that I'm nosy.
Okay, maybe I'am. But I'm just deeply concerned for him as a friend.

Slowly, I closed the distance between us and placed my hand over his shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze ''fine, don't say it. Just don't forget that me and Sylvia are always here for you'' I smiled at him trying to brighten his sullen aura. To my utter shock, Drew pulled me in his arms, his left hand on my waist and his right is resting at the back my neck, firmly securing me to him.

''I won't, Alexa. One day soon, I'll be able to tell it to you. Until that day, I'll be waiting''

---------------------------------------------

And cut! 🎬
So what do you think about this chapter modern bookworm?

Who else feels sad about Drew leaving? 🙌😞

Oh well, things will get better (i hope) 😂😂😂

So give me your comments or suggestions, it really helps a lot. ❤

Vote. Comment. Share 🎈🎈🎈

I love you all,
E🌹