Chapter 11| For Her

Chapter 11|

×Jerry's POV×

     I stare at the cieling of my room as I think about every single detail that happened. Talking to Alexa felt like exploring a whole new territory. She's like this light at the very end of a long dark tunnel. She's not just beautiful, she's also kindhearted and that I think, is her most beautiful asset. It's been a week since, but her impact is still as strong as it was that very day. She made a very significant image in my head that has now become like a tenant, whom the space belongs too. Surely, that tenant will not be leaving anytime soon.

''Hey man, what's going on in that head of yours?'' Asked my cousin Lenard. He's 3 years younger than me ''you've been acting up a little too weird'' I looked at him and just shrugged.

''Nothing''

''Really? Cause Sam think that you have a problem or something'' he jumped at the sofa beside me and turned on the tv. Just as he was mentioning Sam's name, Sam entered the living room, holding a bowl of popcorn.

''That, or he is having a hard time figuring out he's true sexuality'' Sam beamed at me, throwing a handful of popcorn. I caught a piece by my mouth.

''Guys, nothing's wrong really'' I shrugged, but Sam thinks otherwise. Sam's my cousin too, I'm older by 2 years

''He's lying!'' Shouted Mark, one of older cousins. He is currently jogging his way down the stairs making the woods squeak. Mark flashes me his boyish grin after he landed on the end of the staircase ''you know baby cous, you can tell me what your problem is'' putting his hand over his chest dramatically.

I shook my head with his childish ways. And for a family this big, we all are a handful.

''Let him be. A man should have his privacy you know.'' Anthony then came in my defense. I laughed at his words. I'm older but he's wiser, he always has been and the quiet one too.

''Finally someone said something that actually make sense'' I teased as I stood up, slow clapping my hands which earnes a bunch of 'asshole' from my cousins. ''I'll just be outside if mom asks for me''

----------------------------

      I leisurely strolled outside our house with no particular destination in mind. Then I saw Alexa laughing around with Angie and Mike. I wanted to go there and say hi, but I knew Angie will not appreciate that. That girl is off the hooks crazy when it comes to hating someone. Just as I was about to turn around so I can avoid going right pass them, Alexa looked up and locked eyes with me, a small smile playing on her lips. I knew that she has a pull at me, and every damn time that those eyes stared back into mine, it feels like I've been grabbed and thrown right back to earth.

A smile streched from my lips, and I feel like a fool for doing that. My day just got better, knowing full well that Alexa is still on my good side. I nod at her then motioned her that I'll be going before I completely turned around.

Half an hour later I found myself in front of a cafe. I'm not really sure what the fuck I'm here for, although I'm marginally aware that it's because of a certain girl.

Maybe I want to impress her? Maybe.

   When I enter the cafe, I immediately spotted Drew. Last time I was here we almost clashed. I still remember him telling me that Alexa was his girlfriend

Could've fooled me. I knew he wasn't.

  His head shot up when he heard the wind chime, almost instantly his eyes narrowed at me. I did not mind, I really need to talk to him so that I can completely prove Alexa that I'm not just someone who causes trouble.

  I walked to the counter tentatively, hoping to hell that he has cooled down after a few weeks.

''What brings you here?'' His tone is clipped and curt but I'm not here for yet another fight so I just brushed the ill feeling

''I'm not here to. . .'' I scratch the back of my neck, trying to find the right words ''Uhm. . . Apologize?''

''Are you asking me? Or you're just simply declaring it?''

''Look man, we kinda set off the wrong foot. And clearly I'm the bad guy―atleast for Alexa'' his expression changed from confused to disbelief

''Haven't I made it clear that she's my girl?'' I let out an inaudible sign and pursed my lips

''I know you're not'' I shrugged but he just stares at me blankly ''we practically leave on the same street, so, drop the act''

He scratched his forehead and looked at me with calculating stare ''come to my office'' he tilted his head a little to his left, towards a wooden door that I assume to be his office.
I followed him in.

◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎

''I did what I did because I think of Alexa as a younger sister'' he started ''plus,your attitude that day is down right rude''

''I know, that is exactly why I'm apologizing''

''I know. But why exactly? What's your intent?'' His eyebrows shot up, daring me to explain further

''I just want Alexa to see me past what everyone thinks of me'' I stated ''look, I'm sorry. So please just accept it, I really want to clean my name for that girl'' I sighed

  He looks at me quizzically then held his hands in mock surrender ''okay. But just so you know, if you do anything stupid or pull another stunt like the last time, I don't have a problem beating you''

A smile spread across my face ''absolutely''

------------------------------------------------

Hi!! Finally I managed to update, after a year? I feel soo bad. I just hope that you guys try to read it.

Thankyou so much!!
Much love,
E❤❤